This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Varunklis SNG blog

• Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      Hi , I'm Ignotas from lithuania and this is the start of my blog .
      Little bit history. It was rainy , 2009 , september . Party was going on with a plenty botles of beer, then i saw a laptop with poker stars turned on . That day i have discovered internet poker . Next day i was coached by my friend from students dormitory and started grinding 1 $ 45 man SNG's . Begining wasnt so great becouse i couldnt cut down with my old bad habits - alkochol and cigaretes. Then i decided to take poker serious .

I've started with 60 $ bankroll . After few hundred games i realized that main problem is scared money , but after several days i was not afraid to loose half bankroll , becouse started to read 'The poker mindset' . In a few days period i have looked threw all videos and articles in pokerstrategy.com. That gave me basic theory of sng . In 1.1 $ graph you can see that i have imroved my game a lot.

To be continued.....going to sleep .
  • 16 replies
      Bronze
      Nice blog.

Surely you have moved up to a higher limit by now. Thats insane to still be grinding $1s with so much profit!

How many tables do you play at once?
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      ..... And i started making new friends who are playing poker too, started playing live cash games , live tourneys . One day i was informed aboun tons of money in 2.2 $ 180 man turbo's . After friends coaching i started to play these mtt sng's . First day i turned on 12 tables - results : +70 $. I saw gold mine !

i was grinding these 2.5 moth ,playing up to 32 tables at once ,for 6-8 hours. Result : big problems with university , a lot of parties for poker money :) .
      In my country average salary is ~400$ , so i became a self employeed pro :D

Things was going right . My first goals was number of games ( couz i read about setting a goals . Monetary goals are banned :D ). Started to pay attention to quality of games to get better ROI . Some good news reached me that in 3r's much higher roi is posible (now i hate these sng's ).

Start was great . It was good boost for my bankroll. I had good bankroll and i was feeling safe . Moved to flat with my friend-grinder (AugustasN) on stars .

my grind place

To be continued....
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      That's a lot of drinks out there. :f_biggrin:
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Wow, some sick graph overthere.

Keep up the good work, jus prakeikti degeneratai :f_biggrin:
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      Daily grind.

now i'm playing daily session on pokerstars : screen name - Varunklis. If anyone have nothing to do can rail me . And if u detect some leaks(or strange played hands) in my game we can discus it . It will realy helps you and me :)

One interesting hand :

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 12 Tournament, 2500/5000 Blinds 500 Ante (3 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t77270)
      BB (t89700)
      Hero (Button) (t103030)

Hero's M: 11.45

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, 10
      Hero bets t10505, 1 fold, BB raises to t89200 (All-In), Hero calls t78695

Flop: (t182400) A, 7, 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t182400) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t182400) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t182400

i was opening wide and often . that was like a trap .. BB regular player . BB have to reshove wide couz he have equil stacks and one short stack left . no problem with JJ in this spot but what about TT ?

Payoffs
      1st - 594
      2nd - 396
      3rd - 235

buy in 12 $

by the way now i'm on propbet against AugustasN in 12/180
      results:
      AugustasN 835 -$2 $11 -18% -$1,797
      Varunklis 1,630 $3 $11 29% $5,596

First 2000 games this month :)

ending session on pokerstars results : 79 games - -280$

Time for FullTilt super turbo HU SNG's
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      .....history .... tough start in 12's. When you are playing low stakes (1.1/45 , 2.2/180 , 3r/180) you just cant detect your leaks . You have about 50 % ROI , you earn $ playing your game everyday ... And why should i search something in my game when everything is going right :) ?.
      Lot of diferences in 12/180 , in these you can see how you beat the game :) . Positive roi is not enough in these games :) if you will have ROI arround 5 % ... your monthly grind will be one big downswing , and two days when you will be on upswing :) lower roi means bigest swings :)

and graph of 36/180 .. In these games variance is huge .. i think 10 k $ downswing is pretty standard

I've posted graph's of sngs which i love most :)
      sum up :

my daily grind consists of 70-100 12/180 and 5-10 36/180
      GOALS :

[]to reach supernova status this year :)
      []invest 2xmore
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Good blog
      Some pretty brutal break-even stretches in that graph as well as some big downers, good effort for pulling yourself through those. Sick volume, too :D

edit: if u wanna review or do a sweat session some time my skype username is in my blog somewhere... I play STTs exclusively, currently $6.50s and $12s at full tilt.
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      gedwashere :) yeah... variance :) running whole month break even really makes me sick :) but higher variance means more money :)

after insane weekend ... back on track , playing some 12/180's and 36/180's on stars.

Bought some coaching videos for super turbo headsups

GOAL :
      []beat 100 $ limit this year :)
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      hi , this is my monthly rezults

Varunklis 2,095 $3 $12 20% $5,316 pokerstars , about 300 $ in Fulltilt
      have won prop bet against AugustasN
      results :
      Varunklis 2,002 $2 $11 21% $4,928
      AugustasN 1,203 -$2 $11 -14% -$2,004

Little downswing on end of the month , but i hope next month will be better .
      GOALS for next month

[]no parties
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      After 3 days drinking and dancing in clubs started new month with light daily grind (still suffering hangover).

And the results is quite motivating .
      Varunklis 85 $7 $11 58% $594

New month - fresh start :)
    • TheShark2
      TheShark2
      Bronze
      Gl Sir,

You play normal speed or turbo?
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      thanks for question :) i play only turbos .. have tried some normal speed mtt's and some 4.4 $ 180 man . In pokerstars turbo's with 5 minutes blind levels .. and in fulltilt sng in normal speed with 6 minutes blind levels :) There is no diference between these .. hourly rate in turbo sng's is better :)
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      royal flush of hearts :)

i think this will be the end of my downswing :)
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      havent posted for a long time ..
      9000 vpp till supernova status , and huge stretch in 12/180 .

My next goal is to beat 600nl 6max . now i'm trying new strategies in 50 nl 6max. :)
    • Varunklis
      Varunklis
      Bronze
      after few days i will reach supernova status...

now i'm reading books and studying NL 6max and will try to move to mtt's and 6 max cash games

goals for next year
      [ ] supernova elite
      [ ] to beat NL5000
      [ ] Top 10 in yearly mtt's leaderboard.

few days ago i took 1st place in small live event and it was so inspirational :) . Will participate in UKIPT nottingham and still playing satellites to other live events :) .
      Decided to celebrate new years in holland and i have a hope to own some live events in amsterdam :D
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Sup, saw(and see now) you at 2/180, why? :) Cashout? Prop bet? Insane Downswing? :)