• 4 replies
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Coach, may you answer my question? :D
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      There is a huge strategy article section (not too much MTT stuff) as well as quite nice MTTs videos in the video section, lazy dude ;)

Here's an overview over some articles that teach you about the different phases of a MTT. :club:
      MTT Stratgey

Have fun! :s_cool:
    • xmarukox
      xmarukox
      Bronze
      oh..

as i remembered...

it should be blind level in respect of your stake, no. of players left, etc...
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      There are two different road maps I use: First, the average stack depth decreases. Second, you get into the money, you approach the final table, get shorthanded at the final table, and then battle heads-up. These are related, but particularly as you change the blind schedule, you might reach different stages on one map at each stage of another. In some tournaments, the average stack will be under 10 big blinds on the bubble, while in others it will be over 20 big blinds.

The stack depth (or better, Harrington's M) tells you how the reward of stealing the blinds compares with the risk of losing your entire stack. When the stacks are small compared with the blinds, you usually play push/fold. With deeper stacks, restealing all-in is comfortable. With deeper stacks, 4-betting all-in is comfortable. You usually are not in the 5-betting range in low stakes MTTs for very long, some times not at all, or just level 1.

Usually, it is an advantage to put in the last raise rather than the second to last raise. You have to tighten up your second-to-last raises, while widening your ranges for making the last raise. So, you should tend to 3-bet all-in with a much wider range than you would 3-bet when your opponent's 4-bet would be all-in. You should open-raise with a much wider range when your opponents do not have a comfortable reraise all-in.

Your rational risk aversion due to the prize structure depends on your stack and how close you are to the money/final table. It is commonly the case that casual players overestimate their risk aversions early and near the bubble, while many serious players underestimate their risk aversions at the final table. If you add risk aversion equally to all players, the game-theoretically optimal ranges change. For example, as I pointed out in "The Golden Rule," you should push wider from the small blind than you would in the heads-up equilibrium unless the big blind covers you by a lot. Of course, you should understand how your opponents actually play and exploit them instead of just relying on the GTO plays.