[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - Rivered weak boat

• StaticMoth
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.85) T, K, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.85) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60.

River: ($2.05) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.05, MP3 raises to $5.20, Hero calls $4.15.

Final Pot: $12.45.

Villain - 20/7/AF1 (riverAF inf) (sample mere 32 hands)

I tanked for a long time and almost folded, but convinced myself that a donk with these stats might do it with A-high straight as well
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

I usually c-bet the flop against Tx/random draws.

Turn bet doesn't really make much sense after not c-betting the flop, since it's now a lot more likely you're behind and/or will get raised off your draw, so there is a lot less value in betting overall.

As played on the river I find it hard to believe he would raise so huge with just a straight, this board could be renamed Boat Heaven. That said it's also weird for him not to have bet before if he has Kx but people slowplay in the weirdest spots and if he can slowplay that flop he has more Kx hands than TT in his range for raising the river, so I guess I'm cry/folding.

Hope it helps.
    • StaticMoth
      Yeah, not sure as to why I didn't cbet there, but since he checked back I thought I'd take it down on the turn since he doesn't have a K in his hand most likely, and if I don't take it down, I have an OESD (on a really bad paired board indeed, but I'd probably check call a reasonable riverbet or bet/fold).

I was folding the river since I am not beating much indeed, but for some reason I didn't see him having Kx, so closed my eyes and made the last second call.

Luckily I was right, he had AQ.