Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $14.64
      Hero:
      $21.07

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:heart: , T:club:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB raises to $1.15, BB folds, Hero calls $0.85.

Flop: ($2.40) 9:heart: , 4:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.75, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.40

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im UTG and decide to open raise TT to display strength and maybe just take the pot down before I'm forced into a tough decision post flop if overcards show. The villain in this case isn't a bad player. Granted he's no Stu Ungar, but he understand the concept of position and I see his reraise as displaying some significant strength. At this limit I'd assign him a handrange of 99+ AK AQ AJ (poss KQ KJ). We're both pretty deep and he has been very aggressive post flop firing multiple barrels on more than one occasion; because of this I disregard the call 20 rule (it becomes the call 17.1 rule) and decide to play for set value vs. at least psart of his potential range, so I make the call (at this point would I have been better of 4betting to push out hands like AT or AJ that he may have been tempted to bluff with on the flop, or should I have folded and got out the hand- basically what do people think my line with call in position is like here?). The flop is pretty dry but he leads out for $1.75 and I tank then fold. I think here I may have been bluffed out the hand by a very aggressive post flop player- but the justification for the fold was the extreme strength he showed pre-flop he hadn't up to that point 3bet at all really.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I strart out calling flop
      He should also 3-bet pf with AK/AQ, maybe some worse pp-s than yours, some suited connectors, maybe broadway hands
      If he is barreling again on the turn then you can maybe fold your hand if you think he is not doing that very light or if you think he has there too often bluff or draw then either shove or call him down
      But folding flop is little too nitty consider that his 3-bet range is likely wider than JJ+