[SUGGESTION]The Pokerstrategy tree of coaching

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      so ive seen something similar elswhere and figure it would be nice to put it to use here. the idea is this:

high stakes coach
      | teaches
      v

1-3x high stakes/high midstakes player
      | teaches
      v
      1-3x med stakes player( each)
      |
      v
      1-3 micro stakes players (each)

each level teaches the one below it. once said player crushes his limit, he will then takes some time out to coach the guy below. so basically its free coaching in return for free coaching. the cycle replenishes itself by replacing coaches with players that graduate and become stand in coaches. This allows for 3 hours of coaching from a high stakes coach to translate into 30 hours of overall coaching for example!

this is just a basic skeleton. if yo uguys were to consider it I could make a proper plan for it on request.
  • 6 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      wow, I've thought about smthing similar too :) ...

Basically the same you said, except that every one below the high stakes coach pays some $$ according to their stake (could be free for the micro players) and all the money is paid to the high stakes coach...
    • Shakalis
      Shakalis
      Bronze
      Hey , guys i would be interested about free micro coaching at NL5 :)
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Volrath89
      wow, I've thought about smthing similar too :) ...

Basically the same you said, except that every one below the high stakes coach pays some $$ according to their stake (could be free for the micro players) and all the money is paid to the high stakes coach...
      this sounds like some get rich quick pyramid/ponzi/maddof scheme.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey there,

while I like the general idea, I'm afraid this is a bit too overengineered to actually work. We have recently launched a mentor system on the German forums and will see how we can implement this for the English community :)

Hadi
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      hmm ok, sounds good :) , any chance of a bit more info, or should i babelfish :p
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      The Mentor program works as follows:

We created a board where beginners can for a mentor. The mentor is then taking the beginner by the hand, answers questions and so on.
      So far it is quite the success in the German Community and we are very happy with it.