Bronze
      SB raises to $3 Hero calls with AA

Flop: Kd9c7s

Hero checks SB checks

Turn: Ah

Hero checks SB checks

River: 2d

Hero checks SB checks

I think this hand deserves a good size 3bet preflop but I have not been 3betting much this session instead opting to flat call some raises preflop which is why I opted for a call.

I checked flop since this is the type of flop that villain should be cbetting alot and on the turn if I bet I am only getting called if for some reason he checked back a K on this flop AND decides to call in spite of the ace. River I checked thinking that villain has nothing the vast majority of the time and might feel like bluffing. I think I should have bet the river small instead.

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It's tough for him to have anything much, but he will very likely have some SD value hand given that he checked back this flop, and will not bet on any street himself unless improved. So I dislike checking all streets.

turn card is pretty gay for you, it's very unlikely he has an ace since there's only one ace left and it will look scary for his 9x/7x type hands. It's tough to get rly called by much but even more unlikely to get bet into, I guess if he's somewhat delayed c-bet guy you could check turn as well, but once it checks through I'd def bet the river.

Or you could bet the turn yourself and hope he calls you w stuff like 9x/7x TT/QQ (9x+ will probably call u for at least 1 street unless u look super nitty) as well as somex and Ax hands he'll have sometimes. If he fold at least you'll get a bit more aggro image and won't give away very valuable information.

Since I do bet the turn w air very frequently when flop check trhough my default is def to bet the turn so my range would have strong hands in it and I'd get called down quite light frequently if later in game.