[NL2-NL10] KK, AA - pushed All-in and lost

• Jaffa007
      Hi All

I am also a new member of your team and i find it great with all articles forum, software, really you done it well and keep it on...

Yesterday i was cracked twice with AA and once with KK on the preflop, always went All-in in the preflop..Do you call this badbeat or just a bad play...I will post my hands later, just cracked wtih KK

0,05/0,1 NL shorthanded 6max, FTP, all players unknown

I was on BB, nobody raised before SB raised only!!! 0,2$ ??, i thought i had him and i tryed to put him all-in, so i played his game with raising only 0,3$ to his raisde before, then he went all-in, WTF?? i said and automatically also i went All-in....and he had, what do you think:) ....AA...? before with AA they craked me with 8 tris and 10 tris on the preflop!!! I think that is definetly bad beat...thanks guys for your opinion..
  • 5 replies
    • Taswell
      Hi Jaffa

Nope you played them fine, moral of poker is to get your money in when you are ahead. With AA, KK - you are ahead most of the time preflop. Its just unlucky that they hit the flop.

Good Luck further
    • Divsla
      Hmm getting beaten is nothing you can do about with those hands.
      But are you playing Short stack strategy on a 6-max table, or did you post in the wrong section, and min-reraising is not good. you should better raise to 0.6$/0.8$.

Maybe you should watch some video's of the SSS in the video's section.

Good luck in playing poker
    • Puschkin81
      Hi Jaffa007!

Welcome to PokerStrategy! I hope you enjoy it here. Concerning your question: it is always correct to push all-in preflop with KK. If you run into AA it's bad luck. But as Divsla already mentioned: Are you playing according to the short stack strategy? If so, please make sure that you sit down at fullring tables. The short stack strategy doesn't work at 6max tables.

In addition: never make minraises. You should have raised him to $0.60.

To improve your game I recommend that you post the hands you played in our sample hands board (I know, you've already done that ;) ), reread the strategy articles and watch our live coachings.

Good luck at the tables!
    • Jaffa007

Thanks to all, i am working according SS strategy, but as i am playing 6max tables i have adjusted a preflop table a little bit.

I understand Puschkin81 that i should sit at full ring table that PS SS strategy will work 100%, but full ring is boring:( , as i have several experiences with poker and according all plays i had, limit also, full ring no-limit also, 6max NL suits me most and i most successful here.

Do you suggest me that i should go to full ring anyway or do you have any articles that would cover also 6max tables.

• Berliner1982
      If you speak german, you can look in the german forum in the SSS-Section. There you will find a forum where users try to develop an SSS for shorthanded tables.

But for 6max tables their is no offiziell strategy and maybe even our hand judges will not be able to help you every time, since they mostly don´t play the SSS on SH tables.