Why ask for proof of adress?

• sandrisv
      sandrisv
      Basic
      Today after i sent my ID i received an answer that there is a need for a proof of adress? Why would you need my adress? Are you going to rob me and my family? Whats next after i send a proof of my adress? you are going to ask for the door code and the pictures of balcony to the sea? ANd then after that you will ask pictures of my sister, mom? And then IDs from them? And after that you will make me make a photo standing near the sea with my ID and after that send you a postcard from my adress?
  • 1 reply
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi sandrisv & welcome to PokerStrategy,

Proof of address is a standard ID checking process to ensure that you are who you say you are. It also helps to protect both PokerStrategy & yourself from fraudulent activity. Only you & PokerStrategy will know your correct address and so other people cannot pretend to be you to gain access to your account.

The ID check is a necessary process in order to approve your free starting capital, but I can confirm that PokerStrategy is a legitimate and hugely respected company in the industry and follows best practice including data protection laws.

Hope this helps to reassure you, if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact our customer support team for guidance.

Best regards,

Bart