$50.10
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU:
      $79.80
      SB:
      $153.10

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      UTG1 raises to $1.50, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $5.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $15.00, UTG1 calls $13.50, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($35.5) 4, Q, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $21.00, Hero calls $21.00.

Turn: ($77.5) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $50.00, Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $77.5.

I so wished that MP3 would shove so I could shove too :D

Villain

Postflop I think I'm playing against a set almost always, vilain has a big bet ip on the flop, but I think on the turn he would check behind KK or any other pair.

How would you play the hand?
  • 7 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hi!

Pf maybe only flatting mp3`s 3b is an option cuz u really don`t wanna get utg off from hands like AT-AQ or pp`s. You never know, some ppl just don`t fell comfortable playing 260bb`s deep with those in a 4b pot. But 4b is ok too.

As played I think u missed two main things.
      1st is that villain is aggro as hell, and you checking flop and giving up initiative is triggering his agrro side for sure.
      And 2nd, that there is only 4 combos of AQ left. Problem shows up when we come to QQ, 44 and 88. Can you really get away from those? But again is there any reason he wouldn`t slowplay those on turn, with you checking two streets to him or at least make the bet sizing smaller not to chase you away with your premiums???

So I would probably play flop like you and ch/r go broke turn cuz I think he is holding there KK 90% of time.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      not really sure that KK would bet turn
      Also board is so dry that very likely you should be still ahead and if you don't want to start c/c then bet flop adn go from there
      You can b/f or b/c depends how aggressively player would attack that board and then you don´t have to start guessing where you´re at
      Once you c/c flop you can take two lines wither c/c him down thinking he can barrel there air or turn his JJ or smt into bluff or fold
      If you´re not comfortable in your reads then fold is probably better, but you can avoid often that situation if you just bet yourself ont he flop
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Let's say I bet Flop and villain calls. What do I do now?

I bet again villain calls. I bet all in, because I think I have less then potsize left.

I bet and villain raises... probably I would go all in, because there's no reason for villain to bet the Q on the Turn when he can slowplay if he has a monster.

With Bet/Bet line, Villain always gets max value with his sets, and therefore he has a profitable call preflop.

The question is, do I get max value from KK? The only hand that I see paying me of. On the flop there are 6 combinations of KK and 9 combinations for sets. On the turn there are 7 combinations that beat me (one being the quads). So there are 7 combinations that beat me and 6 that I beat... and I don't know if I can get max value from KK.

Maybe, bet flop, check/fold (or call a small bet) turn is better. Because all JJ, KK would check behind for potcontrol. And then I can make a value bet on the river.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      How about my initial line, with this I can let him bet ip his smaller pairs/air once.

Then, blockbetting turn, to make bluffs quit and get value from dominated hands.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      How about my initial line, with this I can let him bet ip his smaller pairs/air once.

Then, blockbetting turn, to make bluffs quit and get value from dominated hands.
      I guess you can bet turn yourself smt like 25$ and then fold to shove. Not really sure that worse hands would call your turn bet (maybe KK), but anyway it is reasonable line if you don't want to c/f turn
      After betting flop I'd likely c/c turn and evaluate river if I want to call him down
      Betting that turn card doesn't really accomplish anything and I think he would likely fold there even his KK and conitnue Qx+ better hands
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Villain is folding 5 out of 6 times to 4bets, so don't see hero being beaten by anything except QQ, which is one combo. He's not really getting the odds to setmine with 88/44 espesially if you are ever bluffing in such a spot. As played, I'm a station, so I'd call down.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      Villain is folding 5 out of 6 times to 4bets, so don't see hero being beaten by anything except QQ, which is one combo. He's not really getting the odds to setmine with 88/44 espesially if you are ever bluffing in such a spot. As played, I'm a station, so I'd call down.
      yeah likely I also don't think he has there many 88/44 in his range since MP3 can still go over the top and then he has to fold his hand eventually pf
      BUt his line looks quite strong so I think he is mostly not doing that with KK but maybe rather AK so once we c/c flop likely c/c down is little better option than c/f