This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - KQ vs midstacker

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash Games, 6 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      Gettofish (UTG): $11.29
      lumberpusher (UTG+1): $6.74
      TheOnlyHopey (CO): $6.95
      HERO (Button): $10.55
      HELKUN (SB): $11.95
      andersbak (BB): $10.65

Dealt to HERO K:spade: Q:club:

Pre-flop:
      (1 folds), lumberpusher raises to $.35, (1 folds), HERO calls $.35, (2 folds)

Flop: ($.85) 6:heart: 8:diamond: K:heart: (2 Players)
      lumberpusher checks, HERO bets $.60, lumberpusher calls $.60

Turn: ($2.05) J:diamond: (2 Players)
      lumberpusher checks, HERO bets $1.40, lumberpusher raises to $3.50, HERO raises to $9.60 and is all-in, lumberpusher calls $2.29 and is all-in

River: ($13.63) 3:spade: (2 Players)

Villain - 39/25/AF1.1/FCbet: 29% (sample 60 hands)

I wanted to fold cause his total AF and turn AF both are very low, so he's passive, but I just can't put him on a hand.

Surely even a player this passive would cbet w/ Kx/KJ/66/88 on this board?
      In previous hands he always cbet and multibarreled really small and weak when he had flopped top pair.

Could you put him on JJ?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I think you possibly should fold, though it's a bit harder since villain is bad looking midstack. If you assume UTG bets top pair+ and draws on the flop, his check/call, check/raise range is going to be mainly weaker stuff that has improved - so JJ, J8, pair + backdoor FD type stuff, flopped monsters and draws occasionally. From your reads, he is not going to be playing top pairs that you beat like this -- or bluffing with regularity. So overall I think your equity is fairly bad.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I think you possibly should fold, though it's a bit harder since villain is bad looking midstack. If you assume UTG bets top pair+ and draws on the flop, his check/call, check/raise range is going to be mainly weaker stuff that has improved - so JJ, J8, pair + backdoor FD type stuff, flopped monsters and draws occasionally. From your reads, he is not going to be playing top pairs that you beat like this -- or bluffing with regularity. So overall I think your equity is fairly bad.
      This :)