moving from $2.25 to $6.50 9 max turbs on FTP

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      hey im trying to move up to this atm, and seem to be getting the long end of the stick so far.

the play doesnt seem that much better than the $2.25s. am I correct in thinking this?

my eROI% is 7% over 300 tourneys at the $2.25s. ( I play 7 tables), would you expect me to be profitable?

are there any adjustments I should be making?
  • 7 replies
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Sample size is to small to take anything from your roi.

But the game is still the same, maybe 1 or 2 less absolute monkey spazzes that think the game is the first to lose all their chips, but there is still plenty of them at the $6.5s.

Remember though that every move up in stakes is followed by a ~20 BI downer, there is no way to avoid this.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      if you have the roll for it, just move up. IMO the reduction in rake more than compensates for the increase (if any) in the difficulty of the game. You can always move down again if you don't feel too comfortable.
    • nitaidean
      nitaidean
      Bronze
      what roll would you need to be playing the $6.50 games? 100BIs?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nitaidean
      what roll would you need to be playing the $6.50 games? 100BIs?
      depends on yourself personally.

I can't help but go on tilt (or maybe panic) when i see my bankroll shrink once i move up the limits, so i like a much more conservative BRM (150 BI). I'm a nit.

But i think anywhere between 50 - 100 BI is fine IMO, depending on your own personal tilt factors and skill level.

Just don't go crazy and refuse to move down when things aren't going right.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Rather than moving up, think about taking a shot at the next level. To take a shot, you might decide to play 100 tournaments with a stop-loss of 20 buy-ins. If you complete the set of 100 or drop 20 buy-ins, you reassess your game, possibly moving back down.

You actually don't have solid evidence that you are winning at the lower level, so it is rather risky to move up permanently regardless of your bankroll. However, you can budget 20 buy-ins at the higher level to try it out.

Good luck.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      yeah ive been mixing them in but to no avail. I think the jump is pretty significant bankroll size so Im gonna look for other options. if there is a stake in between these at stars il be giving that a shot. am gonna check it out now.
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      Stars offer $3 + $0.40, but that rake is not acceptable imo... Option is $5 + $0.50 Normal speed on FTP, but Turbo is Turbo... I really want to move up from $2.25s to $6.50s, but I need at least 60 BI (390$), so I have to grind for a while...