The Poker Blueprint (book)

• Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      I'm a 6max player and have been told that this is THE book for the learning to crush the lower limits.

I was wondering if anyone has the book/ebook and can verify this.

Or potentially recomend something better.

Also as someone from the UK, if I purchased the ebook from a US website would I be able to download i here. I've never used ebooks before so I am a bit unsure.

Thanks

Hopey
  • 13 replies
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      I personally loved the book, however, I think its usefulness may be limited at micro (5/10 and less) because there are a lot of great, smart plays he demonstrates that make a lot of sense but that are too many levels above what your micro opponent is thinking. It is HARD to get micro players to fold. But then again, he has forgotten more poker than I'll ever know! I think the book would be better for around 25/50. Either way, I think it is still a great book because it really opens your eyes to what is possible and how real ONLINE pros think about hands. The theme of balancing your range is alone worth the price but again most 5/10 players will not notice that you raised UTG with 78s and then KK. If you are going to get this book, get an HUD as well. The sections where he breaks down preflop, flop, turn, river play is the real meat of the book and you WILL have to reread it a few times to really absorb everything. There is a lot to chew on in the book. Also, get "The Poker Mindset". That seems to be a theme on PS for good reason.

:f_cool:
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hackbinder
      It is HARD to get micro players to fold.
      I agree with your points but this is kinda qua qua.
      First of all, why do you want to make 'em fold. Just valuebet them to death.
      Second thing, it's hard if you're on loose table. It's easy/not that hard if you're sitting between multitabling nits and rocks (yes, you can find 'em on uNL too).

+1 for The Poker Mindset :heart:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Poker mindset is lame, order NightFrostaSS mindset now and get free picture of me holding a giant fish
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Poker mindset is lame, order NightFrostaSS mindset now and get free picture of me holding a giant fish
      So where do I subscribe?
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Let There Be NightFrostaSS
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      LOL^^
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      I think its a really good book!
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      I decided to just go and buy it. It's only like £27 and even if I learn like the bear minimum from it, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth.

I've read the the first 1/5th of the book and have to say its met my expectations. Some of it is pretty basic stuff (i.e. What are pot odds/implied odds?), but a lot of it is quite challenging and makes you think. I feel its written with a younger audience in mind- so as a member of his younger audience I think there are a lot of concepts that I can really relate to. I like his bankroll management chapter especiall (particuarly his bankroll ideas- he basically says that if you think you can beat the next limit up you might as well have a go- worst case scenario you lose 2 or 3 buy ins- best case you go on a run and never look back- this bit particuarly I feel is targeted at young players, you have to read to understand why I think).

Anyway afteer like 60 pages I'm going to give it a thumbs up. I will post again when I've finished it fully to let you know exactly what its like.
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      You can also try to find it online and print it, its cheaper!
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      Don't suppose you have "let there be ranges"?
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Yeah thats the one with Tri Nguyen and Cole South!
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      lol yeah it is. I don't really want it. I said it as kind of a joke as its something like $1840 online.

I will ask if I come up with something I want/need though.

Thanks for the offer.
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Just a little bit over priced I guess :P