NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($72.85)
      BB ($52.40)
      UTG ($108)
      UTG+1 ($42.20)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($67.05)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.25, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.75

FLOP ($5) 7:spade: A:heart: J:diamond:

Hero bets $3.50, UTG+1 calls $3.50

TURN ($12) 7:spade: A:heart: J:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero bets $9, UTG+1 calls $9

RIVER ($30) 7:spade: A:heart: J:diamond: T:diamond: K:diamond:

Hero bets $15...

MP: Vpip [59 ]; pfr [ 23]; Af [2 ]; 3b [7 ]; fold vs cbet [38 ] hands [83 ]

when he calls the flop I think he can have: {88-22, A9s-A2s, KJs+, KTs, QTs+, J9s+, ATo-A3o, KJo-KTo, QTo+, JTo}
      Turn range: {77, A9s-A2s, KTs+, Q9s+, J9s+, ATo-A3o, KJo-KTo, QTo+, JTo}
      River range: {A9s-A2s, KTs+, Q9s+, J9s+, ATo-A3o, KJo-KTo, QTo+, JTo} (above but without 77, which I think he ch/raises on the turn).

against this range I think we are certainly ahead (66% eq), but I am not sure whether we have a value bet since we can hardly bet/fold. On the other hand I expect villain to check behind all the hands we beat and bet only the Qx/flush hands that beat us, so check/call is not very pleasant.
      bet/call => chk/fold?
  • 5 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Is he that fishy that he's going to call halfpot with 2pair? if you think he can then you're bet is ok, but IMO perhaps bet smaller (10$) and fold to a raise
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I also prefer betting smaller river to 10$
      Just if you bet 15$ and he shoves his last 12$ can you really fold your hand against 59/23
      If you don´t want to b/f then c/c small river bet seems also reasonable.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi, can you explain why ch/call might be better?
      Seems like he will always bet a Q and check behind all the 2 pair combos we beat
      isnt this classic negative freeroll?

But I agree about betsizing - if we bet $10 is better.

Thanks

p.s. he had here KT.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Hi, can you explain why ch/call might be better?
      Seems like he will always bet a Q and check behind all the 2 pair combos we beat
      isnt this classic negative freeroll?

But I agree about betsizing - if we bet $10 is better.

Thanks

p.s. he had here KT.
      not relaly sure c/c is better but if you don´t want to b/f then this is one option
      He can bet himself imo also two pair hands since likely you're not checking river straight but in his eyes can maybe c/c with A9
      So depends on the betsize it isn't always loosing call and if he bets close to betsize pot then we can also c/f
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      not relaly sure c/c is better but if you don´t want to b/f then this is one option
      He can bet himself imo also two pair hands since likely you're not checking river straight but in his eyes can maybe c/c with A9
      So depends on the betsize it isn't always loosing call and if he bets close to betsize pot then we can also c/f
      I have to disagree with this.

He will just check back all of his 2pairs and 1pairs: he's a fish, he's likely to enjoy seeing a showdown.

I would also prefer a blockbet here, maybe even as small as $8-$9 to get to SD and also for some thin value vs worse 2pairs and maybe Ax type hands.

Once we decide to check, it is definitely in order to give up.

About the ranges: They look good to me, only on the flop I think he probably just folds 22-66 facing 3 overcards, but once more those hands are not important at all because they have nearly no equity and the don't make up for too many combinations either.