Minraising in microlimits

• scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      For example in Rush Poker NL5 (FT) I think its profitable to minraise ATC from CO / SB when first in, but by doing that Im extremely unbalanced, because I must overbet strong hands, so everyone can see that betting pattern...

Also after flop: I see its there (in microlimit Rush) very profitable to minraise every flop where arent many opponents, when Im OOP or when its checked to me: If I bet one BB to pot of 4-6bbs, then it really needs to succeed only 25% of time, and it DOES often, I need to get only absolutely missed hands out of pot.

I need some math. arguments if its right or not, as I saw in articles that its "absolutely wrong to minraise": opponents there doesnt look like they are reading me too much. Do you think I really need to raise 3bbs in CO/SB? Also on flop, do I need to bet 2/3pot? (so 20c to 30c pot, instead of 5c to 30c pot, that CAUSES people in micros to fold missed hands)
  • 5 replies
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      On a full ring non rush it wouldn't be a good idea at all. But with rush your always against new opponents. Also people will be using the check fold option a lot more. Personally though I would open raise 3bb on cutoff and at least have pot bet the flop.
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      y but I am speaking about increasing equity: for example, if I potraise flop, it means it have to work 50% time (but so, preflop 3bbs from me, 3bbs from opponent, on flop 6bbs from me.. Im risking 9bbs to profit 3bbs), if Im not doing it for call value.

But also, what about some normal microlimit non-rush game, do u think everyone will adjust? or is there some way how to BALANCE it? Risking 9bbs to profit 3bbs is rly so many, and opponent can call only with hands that beats me..
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      Do You have any stats how often they have check/fold marked?
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Nope but they cant call profitable for example with K4 any minraise too... And in microlimits, I think there are many players who dont look at raise size and calls 3bb same as 2bb. Im just asking if someone have more experiences about it and can tell me if it IS profitable or not

(by folding everything but playable hands I lose so many blinds in rush, I need to get some blinds back by stealing with worse hands often too, and I am also getting free flops even if Im break even with blinds)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by scscpoker
      For example in Rush Poker NL5 (FT) I think its profitable to minraise ATC from CO / SB when first in, but by doing that Im extremely unbalanced, because I must overbet strong hands, so everyone can see that betting pattern...
      Over a pretty crap sample size I've found that unbalanced play works extremely well at Rush Poker. Even guys with huds don't notice that you raise small with crap hands and raise full price with your big hands.

Note Caddy users will notice though. That is a sick sick piece of software for Rush.