This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL2 on a Saturday is crazy

• pea1984
      pea1984
      Bronze
      I dropped down to NL2 today while I waited for some NL5 tables to open up and oh my god!
      I don't know if it's because it's the weekend but iv just done 5BI there and every occasion I was caught on the river.
      The play is so bad! They're at least 2 all ins every hand. I sat down thinking this could be good, wait for a premium hand and im going to double up here.
      Well I got my money in good and then it happens, the river kills me.
      The best was when I raised pre with AK and got re-raised all in so I call.
      He has 57, I flopped a K. I'm thinking thank you very much then turn 7, river 7.
      I was like omg.
      Oh well it happens. I buy in again thinking if the play is this bad I can still make some proffit here so I wait.
      After some time I get dealt AA in the sb, 1 raise before me I re-raise and he shoves, easy call here.
      He turns over 22 and guess what the river brings, yes a 2.
      Lost another BI when I flopped a set, it went all in on the turn and the river made him a flush.

I am certain there is proffit to be made here with players calling all the way to showdown with weak pairs and draws but so far I haven't managed to make any. I think my stats actually show me as a loosing player at this level lol.
      I think I will avoid in future and stick to NL5 where I am winning.
  • 2 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi pea1984,

It is just a manner of time until you win all the money back. Sure, it is frustrating when you put all in your chips and then you get a bad beat. However as long as they make such bad calls, you can a lot of money in the long term.

Good luck on Everest Poker,
      Hannes
    • kennyclr
      kennyclr
      Bronze
      I have to agree with the saturday plays... the bad players are crazy and most of the time the are lucky... well or should i say we are not the ones that are lucky. Sometimes I get really frustrated how those bad players catch the cards they need on the river... and its not just once, its like 4~5 times! But yeah, I think trying to control temper, for me if I ever lost 2 buy in I'll stop for good, and maybe try again another time or another day. I has to say the nl2 field in everest poker is pretty insane.. although I have a bankroll of around $50 I play nl5 with lesser tables and that actually quite benefit. Concentrate and just play safe and you will be fine... not to mention when you are running bad. :( :( :(