The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $30.22
      BTN: $30.00
      SB: $6.18
      BB: $63.67
      UTG: $15.85

Pre Flop: ($0.45) Hero is CO with 8 :spade: A :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.05, BTN calls $1.05, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.55) 8 :heart: 6 :spade: 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.27, BTN raises to $3.18, Hero calls $1.91

Turn: ($8.91) Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.45, Hero calls $4.45

River: ($17.81) K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $13.35, Hero folds

he looks like a weak tight TAG to me.

should i be folding on the flop turn or river ?
      why ?
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      when he seems like weak tight then I think turn should be c/f
      He is not just barreling there very often and I think A8 is not ahead his turn betting range
      River fold is likely fine, don't expect passive player almost never 3-barrel bluff there
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      He is not just barreling there very often and I think A8 is not ahead his turn betting range
      River fold is likely fine, don't expect passive player almost never 3-barrel bluff there
      so TPTK type of hands are never really good against weak tight players i guess ?

so i should fold to the flop reraise since if my TPTK isn't good , chances are it will not improve on the turn ( 6 outs might not be good too)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chenghao
      so TPTK type of hands are never really good against weak tight players i guess ?

so i should fold to the flop reraise since if my TPTK isn't good , chances are it will not improve on the turn ( 6 outs might not be good too)
      b/f flop there tptk seems a little nitty even against passive players, since I think they can sometimes make moves on that boards but would then shut down on the turn when you call their flop raise
      If you think players would generally not relaly raising there enough times with semibluffs then b/f flop is also fine. You´re not b/c flop to hit your 5 outs, rather you b/c thinking you have quite often best hand and to evaluate on the turn
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze

b/f flop there tptk seems a little nitty even against passive players, since I think they can sometimes make moves on that boards but would then shut down on the turn when you call their flop raise
      If you think players would generally not relaly raising there enough times with semibluffs then b/f flop is also fine. You´re not b/c flop to hit your 5 outs, rather you b/c thinking you have quite often best hand and to evaluate on the turn

so if they make moves and shut down on the turn i should probe(if he never bets)and not float cos if he bets - which also means he doesn't shutdown so i should fold on the turn then ? ( if i were IP)

so if say i have a note on how he plays his draws OOP , then i would know if he 3 barrels his FD
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      ip you always can check back flop against aggressive opponent
      but once you bet I think calling once is fine and then likely you have to call one more if draws miss and finally it is just if he is barreling enough times with draws that you can call him down
      So that you don´t turn things too complicated for check back on that flop against player who can raise draws or air is likely better option
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      if his AF is 1 , his really balanced ,sometimes aggressive , sometimes passive.

so i guess i dun have enough hands on him or notes to know if his betting so hard with a draw / made hand.

with enough hands/notes i can make the decision to call him down if he barrels with draws often enough .

without any notes and with such a low AF , i guess i will fold the turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      seems reasonable