[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush - a girl gone fishy

• summmer23
      summmer23
      Bronze
      After a scary amount of hands I've played in the past few days I have a feeling I'm losing it. :f_confused: These two hands... I know I've played them wrong but I would really appreciate some further insight.

I play NL5 rush SH - 4 tables & i'm a LAG.

So here are the hands.. First one.

Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 948706
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $6.21
      MP: $6.60
      Hero (CO): $5.58
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $7.89
      BB: $2.22

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with 9:heart: Q:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, 1 fold, SB calls $0.15, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.39) J:heart: Q:club: Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.89) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

River: ($1.89) 8:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

And the second one. Call preflop was a misclick (wanted to 3bet)... And postflop.. it's just wrong. Fold turn? Fold river?

Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 948709
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $3.09
      SB: $6.48
      Hero (BB): $20.03
      UTG: $5.37
      MP: $5.59
      CO: $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with J:diamond: Q:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.14, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.30) J:spade: A:heart: 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($0.30) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.15

River: ($0.90) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90
  • 7 replies
    • MiiWiin
      MiiWiin
      In the first hand you can bet higher. Bet flop, turn and river.

Why check behind River? ?(

2nd hand fold preflop, as played the call on the turn is close. Youve got 4 clean outs, but I dont think that you have many implieds.
    • summmer23
      summmer23
      Bronze
      1st hand... i thought it was less likely for him to bluff at me on the river (on such a scary board he might have done it before i catch something) so on the river i'm in a kind of a tough spot if he raises me.
      the hands that raise me for value on the river are not the hands i beat - possible flushes, straights, full houses & very unlikely QQQ with a worse kicker (even a Q with better kicker would probably just call my river bet.
      so i prefer just checking behind because it doesn't really look like i'm ahead.

2nd hand... meant to 3bet preflop but i misclicked.
      i thought he wanted me to bluff 4bet him on turn so i decided to just call the turn and the river if i hit...
      when he bets pot on the river following his minraise on the turn it was clear to me that he didn't need that river card to improve. so all i actually have is a bluff catcher if i had put him on a correct hand.
      i still wasn't able to fold... :f_eek:

So that was my thought process.. I lost both hands. :f_biggrin:
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      To 9T and AJ? :rolleyes:
      I actually like your check in the first hand, I'd do that too, although if your image was really aggressive, you might bet it and get called by say...KJ, AJ, maybe even TT.

But I don't play rush so maybe it's different there.
    • summmer23
      summmer23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      To 9T and AJ? :rolleyes:
      I actually like your check in the first hand, I'd do that too, although if your image was really aggressive, you might bet it and get called by say...KJ, AJ, maybe even TT.

But I don't play rush so maybe it's different there.
      1st hand - KcTc
      2nd hand - KQ (i had Q high straight & he had K high)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by YUKNOW
      Agreed. The hands we get value from on earlier streets usually aren't strong enough to call 3 barrels, either because it's only 2nd pair or because they missed by the time we see the river. History and image can change that against some people. I'd bet more on flop and turn tho.

Just focus on whether you can get value out of worse hands by betting. Sometimes even if you get raised once in a while and are forced to fold, it's still worth throwing a valuebet out there given all the worse hands that are check/calling.

KQ is the most likely hand taking that line on flop/turn, stuff like JT or TsXs sometimes do the same thing.

I don't mind calling the minraise on the turn against an unknown since it could just have randomly been induced by us betting weak or something, tho if he's not spazzing out we're no good and our gutshot is tainted as well sometimes.

The river card is obviously awful even if it gives us the 2nd nuts, we're splitting/dead there unless villain is out of his mind. Against a reasonable opponent I'll just fold because the flop check back + turn raise looks so much like KQ and JT doesn't ever pot that river. If villain is capable of worst bluff/aggro lines, calling for the split isn't horrible imo.

Hope it helps.
    • summmer23
      summmer23
      Bronze
      thx for help guys :heart:
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Missed the part where you said you lost the hands.

Thanks for the analysis MiiWiin, I got some lines to think about :f_p: