Mpm--->Bm----->Sne !?

• sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      OK boys and girls the time has come for me to start a blog. I wanted to start one for a while I just never got around to it. But when i saw this promo
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/pokerstrategy/Double-StrategyPoints-at-PokerStars-for-One-Month_36414/
      the challenge was on, going to make diamond status and then start a blog. So here it is. Actually there is another reason for making it. I decided to go for Supernova so I will use this blog for tracking my progress and also finding motivation and not quitting when the grinding gets tough and boring. Once it is out there you can't take it back and gonna work harder to get it done. At least I will.

So my poker experience so far:

As most of you here when i got my starting capital (50$ free yayyyy) i tried playing SSS. After some swings i decided that less variance is the way to go for me as i wasn't ready to face variance in it's full potential. After a quick research i found double or nothings. They were supposed to be the format that has the smallest amount of variance. And they were so easy to play. I referred to them as SSS of SnG's. You played the same hands as in SSS, rarely played postflop and you didn't need great skill to be a winner in these. Also multitabling was easy so i was able to collect a lot of SP's and watch some of the higher ranks videos and read articles.

Cash game vids always seemed more interesting and i decided to try some NL25 6 max. After some 50k hands of solid play i was a winner and decided to give NL50 a shot. But unfortunately for me stars changed the format of their games and i was stuck amongst regs most of the time. I was doing ok at first but after some bad beats, setups and ownage from some regs i was tilting really hard. Every session it took less and less to get me to start spewing. Even moving down in limits didn't help so i decided to take a small break and switch to FR. Again going for smaller variance formats. I also learned that i tilt way less when i play against more opponents as i don't take things personally then. Less ego so less tilt i guess.

Anyways i am grinding NL25 atm and that is where i intend to achieve supernova. I will need 42k more vpps until the end of the year to succeed or something like 13k per month. I am looking to go below 40k until the end of September and maybe i will give nl50 a shot in December if i am behind on vpps. But that is only a plan b and only if i am playing good and running good on nl25. So i will leave you all with my favorite grinding song atm

Until next time
      Sk
  • 60 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      ya that song sucks for grinding, too high paced.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      ya that song sucks for grinding, too high paced.
      depends on how crazy aggro you wanna be :f_cool:
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Wow, NL25 Supernova? How much do you have to play every month in terms of hands (or hours) to get that done?
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      Originally posted by LuborC
      Wow, NL25 Supernova? How much do you have to play every month in terms of hands (or hours) to get that done?
      I need about 440 vpp's per day
      I get about 0.11 VPP per hand on avg and i put in just about 1k hands per hour playing 12-14 stacked tables, so about 4k hands per day in 4-5 hours time
      Sometimes i play just 6 deep tables where i get about 0.2 vpp's per hand
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      i ca do that easy time o go t stars!
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      Time for a September update:

Here is a graph

As for VPP's i just barely reached my goal of at least 13k vpps and managed to get 12 940. Also the start of October doesn't look promising so i gotta pick up the pace and put in more volume. I blame it all on the diamond videos that i have been watching lately.

The goal for October are 14k+ vpps and putting in more then 100k hands.
      I think it's really doable as i was playing a lot of sessions in September where i was just 6 tabling the deep tables instead of multitabling the regular ones.
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      As planed picked up the pace and put in some more volume
      6k hands today although not very happy with my play
      too spewy and just couldn't adjust properly to the change in game dynamics (playing HU and SH against fish when starting tables and then a somewhat filled up FR table)

Anyways so far this month 20k hands and 2k vpp's
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      nice volume, r u 24 tabling?
      terrible Run below EV last month, like 20BIs
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      So I guess I'll be versing you when I get back into NL25 SH haha
      Nice blog and nice song ;)
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      Is Stars VIP program really worth it? Wouldn't playing on FTP give you a better $$$?
      Anyhoo, really - I mean really - nice volume... If only I could put in that much effort :O
      Good luck on your mission! :f_love:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Supernova is really the cream of the crop
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      nice volume, r u 24 tabling?
      terrible Run below EV last month, like 20BIs
      Playing 10-15 tables mostly, if i stay away from the fast tables i might play close to 20 but it's not a big difference in hands per hour.
      Running bad and still wining isn't something i like to complain about:D might piss of the poker gods :s_biggrin:

Originally posted by justkyle88
      So I guess I'll be versing you when I get back into NL25 SH haha
      Nice blog and nice song Augenzwinkern
      Sorry to disappoint you but the only time i play SH nowadays is when i am starting my FR tables :f_biggrin:

Originally posted by Jehudas
      Is Stars VIP program really worth it? Wouldn't playing on FTP give you a better $$$?
      Anyhoo, really - I mean really - nice volume... If only I could put in that much effort rotes Gesicht
      Good luck on your mission! fish love
      It was somewhat close before but after the recent changes on FTP, Stars and supernova is way better i think especially if you play nitty and FR

Ty all and GL

PS enjoy

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      And I thought I was going to expect some more good music from you :( sigh
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      I never said i am good at picking music, but anyways here it goes

Back to poker
      Today played 2 long sessions, 8k hands overall
      That should put me back on track but just slightly, i want to be ahead of pace just in case.

On Sunday I played 6 tables of 50 nl for about 1k hands and didn't notice too big of a difference, probably because it was weekend so more fish on the tables. But i don't feel comfortable playing 10+ tables on that limit, so maybe i'll play only on weekends, 6-8 tables to start with.

And the numbers so far this month are:
      53k hands and 5600 vpps

Gl Hf
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      Well i was thinking about whining, how bad i run and stuff but decided against it and I only gonna say that i was sick last week (got a cold :( ) and wasn't playing my best game. It's hard to focus when you are sneezing all the time (couple of epic misclicks as well), your head hurts and you need to wipe your nose every other minute. Also tilt comes your way a lot more frequently in this condition i noticed :evil:

Anyway i decided not to be a nit and play anyways because i didn't want to spend my new years collecting my last 1k vpps :f_biggrin:

So i put a lot of empty volume in (heard it somewhere, it's playing while you are not in the condition to play your A game) and the numbers look good

95k hands and 10.5k vpp's for the month, and i am about to start playing for today so hopefully gona hit the 100k hands in the evening
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      :s_biggrin: your volume is awesme
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      Well, I do like playing :s_cool:

Anyways i hit 100k hands yesterday, but i wasn't in the mood to post because my second session was just awful. But my first one was superb so complaining is out of the question. Anyways got a little something today to cheer me up. My diamond shirt came in the mail this morning, :] yaaaaayyyyy

Pics ofc

and I almost didn't notice this awesome key chain

Now, off to the fishier weekend tables, might even play some nl50 later

Gl Hf
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      I got my Tshirt a while ago but havent worn it yet. Where di u think would be an appropriate place to where it?
    • Horin
      Horin
      Bronze
      hey, gl with ur challenge mate. Finally someone who is also playing CG at PokerStars. Do you play 20-50bb or 40-100.

Becuase NL 25-50 at 40-100bb tables is full of regs who dont give any action. on other side 20-50 is full of fish but you dont have any space for playing real poker. ( every time you 3 bet somebody to isolate with TT you are almost comited to push etc)