Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($51.75)
      Hero ($51.25)
      UTG ($66.80)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($52.25)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:spade:

UTG raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5.25, UTG calls $3.75

FLOP ($10.75) T:diamond: 7:heart: 4:heart:

[color=red]Hero bets $7.75, UTG raises to $21, Hero raises to $46 (AI), UTG calls $25...

I never quite know what to do in this spot. villain is a reg: 22/19/2, 217 hands, fold v 3b 57% (7); raise cb in 3b pot 100% (2).

Problem is that sometimes this is JJ/QQ, occasionally its AA and somtimes its TT. It could even be A :heart: K :heart: 77/44 are also possible but less likely in my experience with 100bb stacks.

What's our best play against this range? {AA, QQ-TT, AhKh} against which we are slightly ahead? Should we be flatting the raise (in which case do we check shove any non-Ace/non heart)?

I dont think it makes sense to flat here and check/fold on the turn?
      thanks
  • 4 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      perhaps just fold the flop, most regs go broke nut tight and set mine in 3B pots, (it's not a 4b pot) and also flat with aces, i woulden't even put 10/JJ in his range
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Just checking, but when you say you wouldn't put TT/JJ in his range, do you mean in his range for calling our 3b pre or his range for raising on the flop?

Thanks
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      It's a very tough spot, and after some more consideration i would say going broke here is ok, especially if he raises c-bets in 3bet pots.
      But i don't think a reg would be check/raising JJ/QQ in this spot he would most likely flat and be raising his sets.
      JUDGE PL0X << i'm really interested to know.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would generally not b/f these pots
      He has there really a lot of sense raise with draws to force out better hands and if you really think folding there KK then it is very profitable move
      I think he can also raise there with JJ/QQ although mostly it is draws/AA or sets and I think he isn´t really b/c pf that often with 77/44, so that leaves mostly TT
      You should be ahead enough times to shove there and sometimes player is just making moves with random hands to get your fold weaker hands than JJ+