[NL2-NL10] Missed flop with AcKc NL2

• ukwagon
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:club:
      MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.29) T:diamond: , 7:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.21, MP1 calls $0.21.

Turn: ($0.71) 3:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.71) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.35, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.06

Should I've cbet turn? or was check okay?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Sure it's fine, MP1 is loose enough that he will miss that board quite often even it's a bit drawy and he's not too likely to raise us. Against more check/raise happy villains, I usually check back the flop with 2 overs and 2 backdoors, to avoid getting check/raised off decent equity by a blurry range.

The 3 on the turn doesn't change much, most of what he's calling the flop with he'll call the turn with again. If you know villain well enough to can actually valuebet the turn, planning on either checking back a lot of rivers to win with AK-high. Otherwise checking back is fine.

I'd call the river for 1/2 pot, lot of stuff missed by the river and we don't know that this guy would valuebet pairs there instead of checking them down. Coupled with the fact that we're going to be trying to isolate him and take his money a lot, it's worth finding out right now what he's doing when we have a chance of actually being ahead. If we're good great, if we're not we learned that he can bet 7x/Tx/whatever there once you check back.

Hope it helps.