My Way in one day :D

• DaDon84
      DaDon84
      Bronze
      I wanted to find a new way to play poker, something similar to SSS but with higher blinds and my touch into it.

I fount a perfect way for me.

I play on 1/2 dollars NL, always start with 46 dollars and wait for good cards. AA, KK, QQ, AK and so on and do all in. I get called almost everytime by atleast one player.

If the bets are low I also call on low PP and if I hit I do all in, the same with A rag on suit.

I started this strategy today, play on 4 tables at the same time. started with 100 dollars on 0.5/1, 20 dollar stack but now play on 1/2 46 dollar stack.

I never refill my stack and I leave the table when I get 80 + and go to another table and start over.

This really works for me, most players on 1/2 are very loose and will call you with bad hands like K J, A rag, low PP!

I have played 5 hours now and have over 800 dollars in my stack that was 100 dollars 7 hours ago :D

+ Partypoints + 250
  • 16 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      got any bad beats?
    • DaDon84
      DaDon84
      Bronze
      I got beaten by some pp vs AK on both sides, but it is nothing, like 20 % of the all ins I get beat, 80 % I win!
    • DaDon84
      DaDon84
      Bronze
      OH, and i lost 2 times with AK vs AQ!!! Once vs AJ
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Let's put a bet on how long it's gonna take for you to get broke :)
    • DaDon84
      DaDon84
      Bronze
      Do that, +1100 now!

Hard to get broke risking 46 at each table!
    • DaDon84
      DaDon84
      Bronze
      I leave the table every time i get 80+ so its pretty hard for them to find out how I play, they call all the time with bad hands thinking I am tilting :)
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      what's you aka and where do you play?
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      post a few hands please

and by the way do you play Short Handed(6 players) or Full Ring?
    • DaDon84
      DaDon84
      Bronze
      I play short handed, 4 tables at once, playing at Party Poker, and am not telling you my username :)

By the way, on a break now, + 1262 :)
    • Taswell
      Taswell
      Bronze
      Why should he go broke ?

$46 dollars and leaves at $80, also he is putting his money in with the best cards there is.........and thats poker - Put Your Money in when you're ahead, and with AA, KK, QQ, AK - you're ahead about 80% of the time hence the 80/20 win rate. Its basically SSS with a twist........

Obviously a few bad beats will take place, but that happens with any strategy.

DaDon84 - Keep it up, keep us informed over the longer term. I might see if your strategy works for me
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi DaDon84!

Well done! But I doubt that this strategy works in the long run. Besides that: Did you sit down with $46 at a NL200 table when your bankroll was $100? I hope not...Keep us informed!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Taswell
      Taswell
      Bronze
      Hi Puschkin

Why would you doubt that this wont work in the long run ?

What requirements would it need to fulfill for you to consider it (or any other strategy) successful ? e.g. how many hands, winrate etc ?

Im interested as, although the strategies here are proven, there are other strategies out there and therefore I would like to know from seasoned players what requirements would need to be fulfilled for a strategy to be labelled "successful"

Thanks for your input
    • DaDon84
      DaDon84
      Bronze
      I didnt start at 1/2 NL, I started with 20 dollar stacks on 0.5/1. I know it's a little risky but I have played poker before and I have some bankrolls on some other sites where I mostly play tournaments, so I could deal with the risk.

Anyway, this really works for me. It pays off.

I dont risk losing much (since I only start with 46 and dont refill) and I have the % of winning on my side. Then when I double up I withdraw and start over.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      What's the purpose of buying in 46 instead of 40 ? :D
      And this might have worked for you so far , but it really doesnt feel like poker at all, going all in directly preflop with a good hand. I think you should think on a wider scale (trying to improve your game which will offer you a lot bigger profit in the future).
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi DaDon84!

I agree with undercover82. The $46 "rule" does not make sense at all. Even the fact that you go all-in directly with good hands and fold everything else doesn't make sense because statistically you will not often enough get paid off with your good hands to compensate the losses with these hands as well as the blinds you have to pay while waiting for the good hands. If it worked out for you so far: fine. But be careful when your luck is turning. I recommend you to stick to the strategies we are teaching you here and to develop and improve your postflop skills.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81