[NL20-NL50] NL50 AA(mp2), fr

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Button ($74.65)
      SB ($55.55)
      BB ($23.60)
      UTG ($40)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      MP1 ($50.75)
      Hero (MP2) ($63.30)
      MP3 ($54.75)
      CO ($50.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , A:heart:
      3 folds, Hero bets $2, 1 fold, CO calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 3:heart: , K:club: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO raises to $10.40, Hero calls $6.90

Turn: ($25.55) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $14.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $25.55 | Rake: $1.25

Hi!

Villain is 20/18/1.5 701hands.
      His 3b overall is 8.5, but what is interesting from btn, sb and bb his 3b is well over 11%, and from co an other pos it is under 3%.

The flop is very dry and given his stats he would probably 3b AK pf, that leaves us with sets and a clear fold.
      I called flop because of the 3b stat from co which left me kinda doubtful. But would he even go nuts with AK or would he just make a calldown?

What do you think? How would you play this?
  • 3 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      By 3bet i'm assuming you mean raise flop, and most likely i'm bet/folding this despite how dry it is. As you said he would raise AK pre and isn't raising KQ on that flop and doesn't call with K3/5 pre, so just fold the flop.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      No by 3b I am reffering to pf. And assuming his 3b range changes dramatically by position. Just dunno if I can fully trust those stats. Cuz if his 3b pf from co is less than 3% than he could possibly call AK pf and play it on flop as he did. He is overall not agrro so I really dunno where I am at on flop when he ch/r. Maybe he is even doing so with JJ or QQ - turning those into bluff and slowplaying nuts like sets or similar. It would be nice that he had a set and I should just fold on flop, but he is a thinking lag so I have a feeling he could push me around there. :f_confused:
      Anyway hope I didn`t complicate too much and u all understand where my line of thinking is going.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      there aren´t really many draws that he can be playing that way
      So it is either sometimes bluff or set. I doubt he is flatting with K5/k3
      His af is quite low so I´d expect to see set most of the times so I´d just b/f flop. Once I b/c I think he can also raise flop with weaker hands than 33+ and at that case i´m c/rai on the turn