Moving roll from PS to FTP?

• Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      Hi guys
      I've been playing at PS ever since I've started playing online poker. :tongue:

I'm more of a recreational player - m lifetime winnings are around 3k and I play mostly µ-limits (especially 90, 180 mans SnGs as well as bigger MTTs) :f_biggrin:

I really like PS software and traffic - most my favourite tourneys fill up really fast. There is just one major drawback: Rake... :rolleyes:

The FPPs at PS don't mean anything to me, from time to time I waste a few on some sats but most of them I am saving to reach 3.000 eventually and get a tiny cash bonus.

On FTP the deal is totally different : I played there only a few times but each time I log on after a few weeks gone I have a few extra bucks waiting for me. :f_cool:

So I guess the rakeback does really appeal to me (I'd also like to try a few Rush SnGs).

I've written an email to FTP and they confirmed that I am still egligable to a 1st deposit bonus! So I am thinking about withdrawing a few bucks from the PS account and put it in the FTP one.

I'd like to hear oppinions:
      • player strength (compraed to PS)
      • µ-limit 90-180 man SnGs and MTTs
      • support
      • software (especially on OS X)
      • traffic
      • rake possibilities
  • 6 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      FTP support sucks, and they just randomly ban accounts for mere "suspects"

On the other hand Pokerstars :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

(My opinion is biased since a friend is now a "suspect" on a FTP investigation and we are afraid of the money....)
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      yeah, FTP support is a bunch of idiots...
      I really hate automated emials and all I get are automated ones :(

My tracked FTP account has only really little $ on it tight now (remaining rakeback) and a friend of mine wanted to transfer me like 4$ to give FTP a try - this is what I got - even asked them to clarify, but no realy reply except automated emails again...
      This is really awkward - what does
      You need sufficient successful deposit history with your payment processor.

mean? Deposit more than you withdraw? WTF? :s_evil:

Oh well, probably I'm better of at PS anyway :f_love:
      Never had a single problem when transferin/depositing/withdrawing and the support is just awesome...

But rake or VIP program at PS sucks hard >.<

This is an automated message sent from Full Tilt Poker.

Transaction Details:

Your Player ID: XXXXXXXXX
      Receiver's Player ID: XXXXXXXX
      Date and Time: 2010-09-27 10:25:31
      Transfer Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
      Amount: $4.00 (USD)

This request to transfer funds from your account has been declined because the minimum player-to-player transfer requirements have not been met.

As the sender, you must meet the following requirements:

* Your request must be a minimum of $1.
      * You need sufficient successful deposit history with your payment processor.
      * Your account registration must be complete, including a full first and last name, and mailing address.

The receiver of the transfer must have complete account registration, including a full first and last name, and mailing address.

For more information about transferring funds from your account and the requirements, please visit our website at: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/transfers.php or contact cashier@fulltiltpoker.com.
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jehudas

I'd like to hear oppinions:
      • player strength (compraed to PS)
        More or less the same, but the game play is like 20% faster than stars.. I dont know if its software or people.. Stars tilt me everytime when icon flashes under each player for 10 seconds just for them to fold. (Maybe they dont know how to use auto fold checkboxes). So like the blind levels are 3 min in FT, and 5 min in stars, so usually the same amount of hands is played in 1 level on each platforms..
      • µ-limit 90-180 man SnGs and MTTs
        180 does not fill up quickly.

Only 45 man regular, 90man knockout or 135 rush sng tourneys fill reasonably fast (atleast for my liking)

• support
        I did not need to contact them..
      • software (especially on OS X)
        Software is great, haven't had any crash or freezes (OS X). Lobby is much more user friendly than stars. The only feature I am missing from stars is right click player and do a 'find' function where he/she sits as well
      • traffic
        Its good. No wonder its No.2 site. But low limit tourneys without some kind of price pool guarantee attract only ~ 300-500 players max
      • rake possibilities
        Hmm, I dont know what you mean.. But Fulltilt will take your rake, thats for sure..
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      Thanks ever so much for the round-up... :f_love:

Doensn't sound too bad - except for the 180s filling up slow. But normally I play sets of a few of them, so I'd would be nice to get 4 of those running in approx. same blind levels at the same time...

As for the rake - at PS I don't get anything for my volume - I could go and get a fancy hat, thats all... I'm waiting till I get like 3k of these FPPs an then I'm either gonna burn them all on satelittes or a cash credit in VIP store. As from my feeling, FTP offers far better rakeback!

I think I'll just got ahead and deposit a couple of bucks. Anybody knows, which is the best way to clear the bonus? (cash games, what limit, how many tables) - i think just by playing my normal MTT/SnG volume I won't get too far :P
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      you won't be able to get few 180s running :) they take 1 hour+ to fill up. 45mans take 4-8 minutes (depends on traffic). 90mans 2-8 minutes, 135mans, 3-8 minutes.
    • onepark
      onepark
      Bronze
      I think if u playing micro and low limit u should stick with FT due to Rackback...
      if u play alots of tables and high limit u should move to stars due to VIP promotions,

well thats what i heard any way
      :)

im still in FT coz im a :f_p: