[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - AJo 3bet pot

• StaticMoth
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, A.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 3 folds, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.85.

Flop: ($2.45) 3, 2, T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.45) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.55, BB calls $1.55.

River: ($5.55) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $5.55.

Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, kings and jacks(Kc Jh).
      Hero shows a pair of jacks(Js Ad).

BB wins with two pairs, kings and jacks(Kc Jh).

Villain - 24/19/3bet 13% (3bet@BB = 19%)/AF 3.9/FvsFCbet: 33%/FvsTCbet: 0% (sample 281 hands)

Pretty standard? 4betting there would be pointlessly turning my hand into a bluff or would it be okay to consider 4bet/folding vs such a wide 3bet range w/ deep stacks?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Pretty standard indeed considering how often he's 3-betting, I wouldn't play it any differently when he starts by checking such a dry flop.

I'd say preflop AJo is too strong to 4-bet in that spot since you're actually ahead of his 3-betting range, it's better for your overall gameplan to call with AJo and consider 4-betting instead stuff that you can't call with, like smaller Ax hands for example.

The deep stacks might or might not affect the play there depending on how villain plays. Frankly he looks laggy enough not to really bother significantly changing his play for ~150bb stacks.

In a vacuum if he's good, it should make him less likely to shove over your 4-bet light since he's risking more money on on the chance you're bluffing, if he's bad it makes him more likely to randomly decide to call the 4-bet out of position with whatever, which could put you in a tough spot since you'll have no idea whether he'd do that as well with premium hands that crush AJ, making the postflop play really dicey.

Hope it helps.