[NL2-NL10] NL5 250bb, 6max, QQ in BU, bluff on river

• eugen85ro
      SB was a very tight player and I've put him on KK or AA. At the river I was sure my read was correct and I tried to represent a set or a straight. Initially I wanted to bet bigger or shove, and I think it would have been better that way, but I dint.

What do you think, have I had folding equity in that spot? How often would someone call a bigger bet or a shove? And is it profitable to make that move when you have a accurate read on you opponent?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($26.07)
      BB ($13.53)
      UTG ($3.75)
      MP ($5.98)
      Hero (Button) ($14.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.15, SB raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.85) 10, 8, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.85) J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55

River: ($1.95) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.30, Hero raises to $5, SB calls $3.70

Total pot: $11.95 | Rake: $0.59
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd just call the because I think we're ahead sometimes, you can't really put the guy only on KK+ preflop he could randomly have a J that he was giving up with on the flop, especially these days when even bad/nitty players can 3bet light blinds vs late positions, and he somehow didn't c-bet the flop which is odd for KK+, tho not impossible coming from bad/tricky players.

Also at microstakes you don't really want to try and get people off big hands, they suck at folding especially when they played it trickily from the start. Maybe if you make it huge you can him to fold those hands but I don't think it's worth it, for all we know he can show up himself with some stuff like J9s/Q9s that has the nuts.

Hope it helps.