$11.83
      MP3:
      $13.40
      CO (Hero):
      $21.76
      BU:
      $16.16

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, T.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.75) 3, 9, 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.95) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60.

River: ($5.15) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.21, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.15.

Villain - 19/16/AF4.2 (F inf/T 2/R 0)/Donk 33% (sample 255 hands)

I was really thinking if I should valuebet the river in fear of a check-raise, and it didn't occur to me to check his river AF, but I did think that if he made the flush, he most likely would've fired a 3rd barrel since 95% players on this limit would check back any hand there (except flush ofc).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Interesting spot.

I'm not afraid of the flush at all, you're right that the overwhelming majority of players would just bet the river after hitting their draws. Also I find it hard to believe he simply donked twice so huge with just a flushdraw, tho it's always possible.

The problem is that he might be afraid of the flush himself, since you called twice in position it's possible you do have the flush yourself. Which is why it's odd when you try to valuebet that river: he could potentially check/call stuff like 55/33 there that you're actually not ahead of (doesn't make sense to us but it doesn't matter, "hell the flush got there i have to check, wait he bet the flushcard but it's cheap so i guess i'll call" flawed reasoning), and check/fold JJ+/A9 if he happened to have flatted that preflop and has the will to fold them. The rest of the hands he'll probably just check/fold regardless, since often it's pure air he just decided to barrel you with when it looks like the board isn't good for you.

So actually I'd valuebet even smaller, to lose less when he happens to check/call a set (if you think he can fold a set just bet near pot but you're actually pure bluffing at that point) and make it easier for him to check/call stuff like JJ/A9.

Hope it helps.