Hero posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.04

Pre Flop: (€0.06) Hero has A:spade: Q:spade:

fold, BTN raises to €0.14, Hero raises to €0.42, BB calls €0.38, fold

Flop: (€0.98, 2 players) 3:spade: 5:spade: K:club:
      Hero bets €0.70, BB calls €0.70

Turn: (€2.38, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets €1.32, Hero raises to €3.11, BB calls €1.79

What the best play here?

F: this is sucks becouse BB is unk so i get him preety strong range TT+, AQ+, so this flop i c.bet. I thinks he call AA, KK, AK, TT+

T: Good cards for me but what play here vs his monter range

overbet AI - he folds QQ-JJ, maybe AK, but if he calls i am behind 100% of the time, and i have 24% equity so this is minimal - EV but + fold equity vs QQ-JJ i am break even i thinks.

bet/calls - this is okey but overbet is better becouse if he rasie i always behid but i must call becouse i am potcommited, and if he calls and river is miss i must c/f 100% of the time.

c/c - i get pot odds but this is suck play passiv big draw + i pot commited and i dont win vs QQ- JJ if i miss, but if i catch my draw i thinks i can get smal vb river so my odds is great.

c/f - suck but this line is no variance and save.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Usually your standard assumption should be that unknown players are bad, because if everybody you don't know is by default a good player there isn't much money to be made there anyway. So for me he's capable of calling preflop with a lot more than just premium hands.

I'd c-bet closer to $0.55 since I don't expect lots of fold equity against pocket pairs on the flop from an unknown and certainly no fold equity whatsoever against Kx. Then I'd bet that To turn to get rid of pocket pairs and reluctantly call it off with so much equity.

As played I'd just bet/call the turn anyway, it's not like we can expect villain to float the flop with air and bet/fold the turn when he's unknown.

Hope it helps.