Running bad :(

• Shakalis
      Shakalis
      Bronze
      Hello all,

So the thing is i am running realy bad last 5days i am down from 106$ BR to 46$ and moved from NL5 to NL2 but its seems its not helping... i have realy lot of bad beats when i slow play QQ+ ... etc.

So i wanted to know your opinion what should i do ? Becuse i think if i countinue play i go broke... becuse every day i lost about -10$ in bad beats its very scary to my BR... so i am now confused and i ask for some helping advise. (and desperate to ) :( :f_frown: :f_cry:
  • 6 replies
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Advices?

I'm pretty sure you know them already....but you don't wanna do them.

1) Play less study more
      2) Get a poker hud like pokertracker to study the hands where you lose hands (big pots)
      3) Sweat sessions with other members on this website

and if that doesn't work

4) Switch game style (NL to FL, Ring game to SNG or tournaments)
      5) Switch poker game (Hold em to ohama)

if that doesnt work :

6) Quit poker
      7) Become a degen

GL
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Never slowplay on low limits unless u flopp quads or royal flush.

Seriously. Play ur strong hand fast and play weaker hands carefully.

Now u start winning. :)
    • Shakalis
      Shakalis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stevegold87
      Advices?

I'm pretty sure you know them already....but you don't wanna do them.

1) Play less study more
      2) Get a poker hud like pokertracker to study the hands where you lose hands (big pots)
      3) Sweat sessions with other members on this website

and if that doesn't work

4) Switch game style (NL to FL, Ring game to SNG or tournaments)
      5) Switch poker game (Hold em to ohama)

if that doesnt work :

6) Quit poker
      7) Become a degen

GL

Ok , man thanks for advice ... yeah i know +/- that points but when you play poker and dont loss anything big, you start to forgot to devlope your self and think you already got it all... but when bad bead followed by bad beat you starting to think where i go wrong, if with this hand and situation i win many hands before etc...

And for 4) 5) point i dont think i want to change game type...

And for 6) i dont think its gona happen, and for 7) i better stay away from this point :D :D :D

But anyway man thanks alot i appreciate your device :)
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      Never slowplay on low limits unless u flopp quads or royal flush.

Seriously. Play ur strong hand fast and play weaker hands carefully.

Now u start winning. :)
      yea, in micros this rly works! Just need to play straight forward when you have it and thats all.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Snodreliss has down. Do NOT slowplay NL5! It's tempting because you think maybe you won't get paid off by betting too big, but this is not true.
      Think of it like this; if you bet big and they fold, they likely had nothing anyway, so you don't win much this time. Don't worry about it, you'll raise QQ or whatever again and hit a set in the usual 3 or 4-way pot, just bet hard and you'll be amazed at what they will get it all in with. Gets funny after a while. :)
      On the flip side, in a multiway pot and A high flop or co-ordinated board, don't bother calling down with QQ or KK if there is action, you're done, fold it out (most times) unless you know your enemy well (it gets easier after a few zillion hands :) )

Also, I suspect that some of your bad beats and suckouts will be due to your play - they certainly are for me that's for sure! Post some hands on the forums and you will soon get good advice on how to play in certain situations; there're good people on here.

Watch coaching sessions and vids and see how often the coach slowplays big hands. I guarantee...very very rarely. Read the articles too, they helped me so much I went from a 'No Idea' and winning a little bit, to owning the NL5s for 2 years now. It's a fun level.

Once you get the hang of it and look back, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about! ;)

Have fun.
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Most of its been said!
      I just have one more tihng to add.

DONT EVER GIVE UP!

I just survived the hardest downswing so far and am really in some strange zone in nl50 .
      20BI below EV !
      You know that time when everything is against ya!
      But be smart, survive them and it will make you stronger and smarter.
      Just keep goin...
      Good luck and dont slowplay your strong hands.

here is sometihng for motivation :

All the best