Einsteinbrains Sit and Go blog.

• Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

My name is einsteinbrain and i ve decided to start a blog about my SNG journey/quest/adventure.

I ve been playing poker and sngs for a while on some smaller sites with variable succeses. But today I set myself a new goal. I gone beat the Sit'n goes or at least try to beat the micro and small stakes :P . So i cashed in from Titan Poker and deposited $100 to FTP. I also start a blog because I think a good way to get better in poker is share and learn with/from other players.

Before further 'how i think i can do this', a short introduction about myself. I'm a 23 years old man from Belgium. For the not European people (so that has to be the aussies), a short introduction to Belgium

Belgium is a buffer state between France and Germany invented by Britain and Russia in 1942 after pwning Napoleon Last Thursday. Famous for having the highest average beer consumption in the World, even more so than Ireland and the highest average wine consumption in the world, even more so than France

Belgium's history consists mostly of being invaded, conquered, and buttraped by pretty much every major power in Europe. Luckily, once the 19th century ended Belgium would never ever be invaded again.

After being good hosts to Germany twice in World War I and II, Belgium is now a member of the European Union. It covers an area of 30,528 km2 (11,787 square miles) and has a population of about 10.7 million, which would be invisible from space if it wasn't for the high light pollution going on there. As if that wasn't worse enough, Belgium is populated by Flemings (59%) and Walloons (31%), who can't see each others faces, so they decided to split up the country into two parts. A vast amount of Germans inhabit the east but most Belgians pretend these aren't there.

With thanks to encyclopediadramatica for there wisdom. More information about Belgium on http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Belgium. Sorry for boring you guys with this stuff but before I continu, the thing we should be know for

Frenched fries were invented in Belgium. The idea that they were invented in France is a grammatical misunderstanding. People will usually shorten it and say "French fries" instead of Frenched fries. The verb "frenched" means to cut into slivers, slivers being very thin pieces.

More about myself. I was a student until I got my diploma last July. But I liked student life to much to really want to go working yet, so I start with a Phd on 1 october. Yes, my last really long summer holiday is comming to an end. Here university summer holiday is a lovely 3 months (if you have no re-examinations). Ow and nearly forgotten, it's Phd in Physics. No, my nickname has nothing to do with capability as a physicist. I choose this nickname to game online, years before i decided to study physics . It's named after a song from a local singer song writer. Strange how life can turn out.

I hope i still have some readers for my poker goals. I am going to play the $2.25 sng turbos on fulltilt . If i fall back below $60, i will drop to the $1.20 turbos. I already have experience with sng's. I think i know more about the game than most of my oppenents (that isn't very difficult on the micro stakes). But there still is a lot of room for improvement.

The first month I gone focus on the next topics

Posting Hands
      I never post a hand in the forum before, but I think this is an extreme good way to improve your game. So it is definitely something I will do. I have PT3 so during playing i will try to mark doubtful hands and review them later with ICM trainer or post them. I will also try to read all other hands in the -5$ hand evaluation forum.

ICM trainer
      Before every session I will do some hand with the ICM trainer. Not only decided if a hand is a push or a fold, but also try to guess the handrange for the situation. I start with training 3 to 5 handed with no player all in. I am used to set the handrange to 15-40% because in this range are, I think, the most difficult hands.

Multi Tabling
      On Titan poker I used to play 6-8 tables succesive. No sets because most of the time on the $2 sng I was already playing all active tables. On FTP I am going to try to play sets. I will start with 4-6 tables to get used to FT and to the blindlvls.

Volume
      I am not sure how much time i will have to play and study my game but i will at least try to play 200 sngs.

Others
      I already read them and some of them already a few times, but i shall reraed all bronze and silver articles. If i have time i shall also try to watch some of the videos

So, this took a while. But one last thing. I am not a native English speaker (as you have already noticed) so I make (a lot of) mistakes. This is definitely a good way to practise my English writing. So if I make horrible mistakes, in spelling, sentence formation, conjugation, ... correct me.

Thank you for reading,

einsteinbrain
  • 31 replies
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      So, completed my first 12 sngs on FT. Lost when I was playing well, won when I played bad :p.

Got very lucky. Bubbled as a big stack after loosing 4 70/30 in a row. Chance for that to happen is only 0.81%.

Reviewing tommorow. Now maybe reading some blogs to get to know you guys.
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      Nice introduction, GL at tables!
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      Didn't play much poker yesterday but I reviewed most of my marked hands from the day before and posted some similar hands in de <$5 hand evaluation forum. hand 1 2 3
      Yes I played them wrong, so thats a first founded leak :) . I will give special attention to these blindsituations the next time

I also noticed that there is a micro sng study group. I join them after I bought that mic i was going to buy weeks ago.

Total played tournements this month: 24
      Net Won: -$9
    • pokerplayer05
      pokerplayer05
      Gold
      hy,
      thanks for stopping by my blog.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=84714

here is a link to a study group for SnG.you can join it.it will help you
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      So, played another 12 SnGs this afternoon. Played in sets of 4, but now i am used to the FTP layout and blindstructure, i ll try 6 tables.

Had some serieus suck outs today AA vs Q3s, a fishy call from the second big stack with KJo at the bubble against my bgistack push (with AQ) :s_biggrin: and he hits :s_cry: . But I ll not whine about it any more.

Tommorow my first day at work. Good bye lazy student life.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hey, Einstein :)

good luck at the tables and finding your leaks ;)

btw, you don't need to wait till you get a mic, most of the time we're chatting at sng group ;)
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      Had a very busy weekend so didn't play very much except this evening. In total played 5 sets this weekend and ran extremely well. Ran hot, but I think I also played well, I ll notice when I review.

This weekend: 30 games, 1: 12, 2: 4, 3: 3.

Games played: 72
      Bankroll: $170.20
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Originally posted by Einsteinbrain
      Had a very busy weekend so didn't play very much except this evening. In total played 5 sets this weekend and ran extremely well. Ran hot, but I think I also played well, I ll notice when I review.

This is niiice! ;)

See you're doing well, sir.

good luck!
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Einsteinbrain

RUN GOOD :O
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      A bad played hand from today.

BB: 2695
      SB: 2595 (Hero)
      BTN: 2155
      CO: 1615
      MP3: 1170
      MP2: 3820

Blinds: 50/100

Dealt to Hero: A :diamond: A ?

Preflop (150)

4 folds, Hero raises to 250, BB calls 150

Flop (500): J :diamond: 8 :diamond: 2 not :diamond:

Hero bets 350, BB raises to approx 1000,

Hero disconnects

Yes, I think I lost some EV here. :(

Lucky everything went well after this accident and I won the tournement.
      Maybe my internetconnection wanted to protected against a flush on the river

BTW: what happend to slider at FTP. I am using the 'increase a SB' when 'clicking'. It worked well until yesterday, now it increases 15 every lvl.
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      The first 100 games are finished so time for a first recap and graph.

Games played: 102
      Net won: $78.30
      ROI: 34.12
      1st place: 21
      2nd place: 12
      3rd place: 15

Total profit: $78.30 net won + $10 bonus

Very happy with the result offcourse :) .

Let's see what the second week brings. Probably less volume due to less time available and still around 1/3 of the games to review.

Question: Is it possible to shrink the image after it s uploaded on Imagshack, or should I do it in advance
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      Wow! very nice results einstein. I only do good in normals, never getting good runs on turbos, just breakeven, I think it's because ICM is much more important on turbos since it's basically push or fold so early, and ICM is a weak spot for me.

Well, continued good luck on week 2, nice blog!
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      nice blog, good luck with your games :)
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Hot results, man!

See u're running good, so keep that way! ;)
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      Haven't played from tuesday till saterday. Played 32 games yesterday and tonight (together, not each) and still winning :D . But while reviewing I noticed some things

:diamond: I sometimes/regulary push too loose from SB.
      :diamond: I made some terrible bubble plays against the big stack, although I know about riskaversion, I make mistakes against it.
      :diamond: I play push or fold better than I play postflop in early stage. Need to think bit more about the best line to make more chips with my best hands.

And i also made a short term todo list

:club: Keep posting, evaluating, reading in evaluation forum. Started with it past monday but was bit too busy rest of the week.
      :club: Watch phzons video on riskaversion. Need it :p
      :club: Read jbpatzer's alternatives to ICM. It really looks nice, I like graphs and mathematical calculations :p.
      :club: Continu playing with the ICM calculater before every session

And jep, I am still running good :s_biggrin: / :f_biggrin:
      :spade: games played: 144
      :spade: winnings: $109.80 + $2.07 rakeback :f_p: + $20 bonus
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      It has been a while since my last post. I was busy and sick the past 2 weeks. That didn't leave much time to poker.

Had my first sweatsession with jbpatzer, ged, ... past thursday. Hope to do some sweating again in near future.

Going to post more from now on, and back at the tables.

Einsteinbrain

EDIT: cleaned my desk and apperently thrown away some post-it with pokerguidelines/notations I made and i use to recap before/during playing. (And also the post-it with the time and date of next dentist appointment). I shall have to make new ones.
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      Liked the time more when opp folded to my pushes, no one gets hurt when they fold.
      They seems to be in loose calling mode on FTP lately. Well, honestly, that s offcourse not a problem, but they tend to have better hand than me or suck out on me.

So lost a bit of my profits.

Answered some hand in evaluation forum. Curious if I was right.
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      Hello everyone.

Has been a while since I posted, but it also has been a while since I played some poker. Have moved in the beginning in november and had no internet until last friday.

So ready to play some poker again. Hope I haven't forgotten how to play it. So I will be active again in my blog, the evaluation forum ... Will give some goals for the rest of the month soon.

Greetings,

Einsteinbrain
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Interesting blog! Which part of Belgium are u from, the Dutch or the French part? (I'm from the Netherlands)

Anyway, good luck in your games!