UTG ($26.02)
      UTG+1 ($12.38)
      UTG+2 ($20.83)
      MP1 ($10.29)
      MP2 ($9.81)
      CO ($22.87)
      BTN ($25.93)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, fold, Hero raises to $2.35, BTN calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.80) T:spade: 3:heart: 8:heart:

Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

TURN ($10.80) T:spade: 3:heart: 8:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $6.75, BTN calls $6.75

RIVER ($24.30) T:spade: 3:heart: 8:heart: Q:diamond: A:spade:

Hero bets $33.46 (AI), BTN calls $13.83 (AI)

Villain is unknown, probably a reg.

Not sure about my line here.
      Pre: 3betting to get initiative or just take down the pot pre
      Flop: I think I like the cbet here, although it's not the best flop against his BU range.
      Turn: Nice card to bet, and if he's a reg, he knows the Q is a good card for me to 2nd barrel. Maybe bet bigger if he's on a draw (which isn't too unlikely)
      River: Can't really c/f or c/c after flop and turn action. Also, he's just got ~1/2 potsize bet left, so I shove.
      Any thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      check/call river because he will fold any hands that are better than yours and might all in because of your check with missed draws.When you go all in you lose the chance of him having anything that you beat.Even if you check he might check weak Ax which had a flushdraw.I somehow think you should have made some pot control after he called the flop.Indeed he has huuuge amount of the time a draw but after you bet the turn you are comitted even if his draw got there and also you are comitted versus every made hand.And i don't see worse hands into his range.Check/call turn and check/call river to at least let him bet his bluffs so you can at least be with some equity versus all his range , not only against a range that beats you.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by N0pr3s3n7
      check/call river because he will fold any hands that are better than yours and might all in because of your check with missed draws.When you go all in you lose the chance of him having anything that you beat.Even if you check he might check weak Ax which had a flushdraw.I somehow think you should have made some pot control after he called the flop.Indeed he has huuuge amount of the time a draw but after you bet the turn you are comitted even if his draw got there and also you are comitted versus every made hand.And i don't see worse hands into his range.Check/call turn and check/call river to at least let him bet his bluffs so you can at least be with some equity versus all his range , not only against a range that beats you.
      +1
      I would likely still c-bet that board since sometimes you take it down and if I don´t , then always I have at least 6 overcards that can be good +A or maybe J when to barrel
      I would only c/c river to let him bluff with worse hands
      I think QJ would likely not call you down