any news on this black card thing?

• 19 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      what is this all about? I am not a FT player, anyone cares to explain? thnx!
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      simply put = if you rake 2k/month you get acces to vip shop with cash bonuses.. no further numbers are out there yet.. wait 2 more days for it..
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      wow FTP getting dangerousely close to PS :)
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      here some details...
      i guess i am black card :)
      well see tomorrow

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/black-card/experience
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      From what I gather:

10 FTP per 1$ raked/ number of players in table
      10 FTP per 1$ raked in tournaments
      Black Card gives you 2x rate for FTPs, the new store doesn't have any really good items. Black card gives you about 7% more rb I think.
      Iron man requirements are little higher because you earn more points per $.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      so from now on u get 3 FTP more / 1 $ rake all the time ? so actually u need less rake to achieve the iron man ? around 2.5$ less for the iron / day
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      the cash bonus pretty much sux, they should give instant cash rewards not bonus, like they have at titan...still 15k FTP for 50$, who ur kidding...thats just 1500$ rake.. nice deal, if I'd be FT i'd give at last 200$ for 15k FTP, still, they win 1.3k$
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      around 6% more RB with deductions if you are a black card holder already, it's still more money...
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      wrote it in the comment and here its rellevent to:

im a black card
      and i dont fill so special...
      i dont have now more than yesterday...
      play your normal volume... black card is waste of time
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      http://w.fulltiltpoker.com/fullTiltPoints.php

Tournaments: For every dollar paid in Multi-Table Tournament or Sit & Go fees, you'll receive 10 Full Tilt Points.

Thats definitely better than $1 rake = 7FPPs :s_grin:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by advola
      wrote it in the comment and here its rellevent to:

im a black card
      and i dont fill so special...
      i dont have now more than yesterday...
      play your normal volume... black card is waste of time
      To me, you are special
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      WEIGHTED CONTRIBUTED!!!

YES.

So, from now on in cash games you will get exactly 27% rakeback. No longer will tight players get about 50% rakevack.

ie.

PREVIOUSLY

You raise 3$ from button, bb calls. Pot is 6.5$. Rake is .30$. You check it down to showdown. Each player in table get 0.30$/9 = 0.033$ in rake and then 27% of that in rakeback. So you get 0.009$ in rb.

NOW

You raise 3$ from button, bb calls. Pot is 6.5$. Rake is .30$. You check it down to showdown. You have invested 3$/6.5$ in pot. Only players who have invested in pot get a share of the rake. So, you get 46% of 0.30$, BB gets 46% of 0.30$ and sb gets 8%. So you get 0.14$ of rake = 0.037$ in RB.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      so the rake is not shared, its contributed from now on ? are u sure about this ? did u ask full tilt or ?
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I dont get the rakeback thing. People on 2p2 are saying the rakeback is worse now for ring game players.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Originally posted by OZSA
      so the rake is not shared, its contributed from now on ? are u sure about this ? did u ask full tilt or ?
      Reputable affiliate at 2+2 posted that full tilt send them the info.

Rakeback might be a bit worse for winning players on average, since easiest winning strategy is to play tight. When they play fewer hands they obviously also pay less rake than fish who plays 55% of his hands.

One of the good things is that games should become looser. Since you can't just get 100$ RB/h for folding tightest players either have to start playing somewhere else or start playing more hands.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      I like that rb changes :) Im fish who play 25vpip.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi

One of the good things is that games should become looser. Since you can't just get 100$ RB/h for folding tightest players either have to start playing somewhere else or start playing more hands.
      care to share the math on how ppl were making $100/h rakeback before the update? seems like alot to me lol
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Yeah, that is bit of an overestimation now that I thought about it. You should get pretty close to that by 16-tabling NL200 though.

I guess I should have posted more along lines:

some people used to get 50% rb while others had 20%.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      thats cool man, was just gonna say if there was a way for a RB grinder to be making that much, they should be on stars making SNE+ ;)