My biggest downswing

• asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Hello guys.
      I play FR SSS.
      Last week I reached 60BI limit and moved from nl25 to nl50.
      I crushed nl25 at 6.5bb/100 hands.
      Studied a lot , and played some too.
      After I came to nl50 everything started to go downhill.
      NO matter how good I play I just cannot collect 2 good sessions to be positive.
      LAst few days has been really hell for me.
      Lost every coin flip, faced million bad beats and pretty much never sucked out, which I could expect since they sucked out from me in 20 times.
      End session 7BI below EV.
      Today played session of 1.2k hands won 6BI ,but lost AA vs QQ where we went AI doubled up, so it was 40$ in a pot.
      THe Q came on river and I felt pretty much like I lost everything.
      Tonight session was even worst.
      End up 7BI down and my Ev line is 30$ in positive.
      All in all its one big crap.
      In 12k hands am 27BI below EV and no matter what I do its just get worst and worst.

REally dont know what to do, nor to say anymore.

Just posted this here, to try to vent out, but it doesnt work
      Heres a graph :

• 10 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      That's poker. If u plan on making any amount of reasonable money u'll just have to face, go through and deal with periods like this. It's probably the first real downswing that crushes and takes out many of the players who could be very successful in the long term ...
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Atkos guess you are right.
      I keep reminding myself, that this is nature of the game, and that is my game what really counts, everything else will sit in place...
      Its hard reality to accept in moments like this,so I luck will change soon before I go nuts :) .
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      Well I damn near went mental when I hit my first real downswing. I had just switched to NL200SH and everything went wrong + I wasn't much of a good player back then. For a month I was raving like a lunatic making bad decisions all the time. I had poor BRM as well so it didn't take long for me to lose 15BIs and then another 10BI on NL100SH ... by the time I finally collected my senses I was down to under 500$ wondering wtf happened ...

That was a brutal and one of the most horrible experiences of my life. But I think everyone who aspires to make a living out of poker will go through at least one such period. It's likely they'll go through more than one. I firmly believe I deal with every downswing better, the most recent experience was very sedate, though my game did deteriorate a bit during the downswing. However I dealt with it properly and calmly, something that would have helped and meant a great deal to me those 3,5yrs back.

I guess if u have what it takes it'll go by and hopefully be easier every next time it happens. Otherwise ur likely to do urself a favor by getting out of the game asap.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      So Atoks, do you withdraw money for everyday life or at least to purchase something every now and then? Despite the downswings?? Is there anything left?

I'm on a downswing myself (my first one).. it's tough.

Gl everyone!
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      It rly feels every time easier lol.
      Yesterday I was up about 12 BI (nice heater lol)
      And today I lost about 13 BI but since I had been in a bigger downswings. That is like nothing: "Ohh well.. Thats happens when you are not hitting anything and playing like a pro.." I dont feel like shit or smth. Just one day at office lol.
      May be it is like winners tilt.? Could be it? But yea.. I played today rly wried.. I think worst play in last few weeks...
      So chins up! Thats poker! Nothing you can do about it. Just play your best and hope it will work out for you ;)
      P.S. Thats in NL10 SH, so variance is expected :P
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Yeah guys I am sure you are right.
      Is not my first downsing but its the loooongest I can remember, and that is whats the hardest to digest.
      Must admit that it took my courige to go open 16 tables and start grinding.
      It is what it is, I have to regroup, recollect and start doing it asap, play my A game and hope my luck will change soon.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      Originally posted by matel17
      So Atoks, do you withdraw money for everyday life or at least to purchase something every now and then? Despite the downswings?? Is there anything left?
      Yes.
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Nothing to worry, if you were able to do 6.5bb/100 on NL25 you should be fine at NL50 too. I guess you are money scared.
      When i jumped at NL200 SSS from NL100 my BR went from 3000$ to 1200$ in few days. And i crushed NL100 with 4bb/100
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      It seems that you bluff a lot. So your loss can be also a matter of your over-aggressive style. Before you attribute everything to luck you should at least try to find out which part is not luck. Focus on the small pots you lost instead of the bad beats can get you out of this much quicker.
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      It seems that you bluff a lot. So your loss can be also a matter of your over-aggressive style. Before you attribute everything to luck you should at least try to find out which part is not luck. Focus on the small pots you lost instead of the bad beats can get you out of this much quicker.
      How in Gods name, were you able to see that from graph I posted???? ?(