Bad run and I need a challenge to motivate- looking for players with BR around $100

• Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      Hi. Until recently me and poker were getting on fine. I had increased my BR by 5x and was progressing nicely. Then it all went wrong. From $250 I lost down until I was back around the $100 mark. It has been pretty depressing but I want to carry on playing. However I am finding it a little hard to motivate myself to beat the games I have already beaten before.

So I am looking to enter into a Bankroll building challenge- with one or more people who have BRs around the same as mine.

I propose a race to see who can build the largest bankroll by the end of the year. We can blog our results together and I propose that the loser should pay 10% of the difference in BRs on January 1st 2011 (Up to a certain amount- would be pretty harsh if someone luckboxed a big tourney and had to pay the winner most of their roll).

Any takers or questions?
  • 31 replies
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Count me in!
      add me to skype and we should put it more in detail.

skype is : asmirovic
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      What is your BR at atm?
    • sneakyf
      sneakyf
      Bronze
      you can count me in too!
      I am currently though in a challange from $10 to $500 to make my comeback to poker after a break from a month.
      But I beleive I should be able to make it to $100 within the next week..
      And I rekon I can make the $500 very soon say within 3 weeks..
      Add me on msn clintlehmann_08@hotmail.com.
      Ill give you my skpe later;)
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      wow thats pretty fast.

What are you playing? SnGs? Cash?
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      u said end of the year...arghh from 5$ to 370$ in 2 weeks and playing in bankroll! Gl count me in!
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      am SSS FR at nl50, my BR atm is 600
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Platinum
      Originally posted by asmirovic
      Did you just not read his post at all? o.O

& Gl with you're challenge :)
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      I'll probably be up for it. Been taking a break these last couple of weeks but I'm aiming to start playing again next week. My BR is around 110-130$ and I play NL5 SH.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I'd be interested got a bankroll of $150 playing NL5 FR
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      I will accept the challenge with Alister and holmeboy. I'm afraid I will have to reject the rest as my roll is way less than $600.

If you two want add me on msn hopejoj@hotmail.com or skype- I will post it later- I don't use it often we can set up the rules.

Or just talk in this thread I don't mind.

Ta
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Add my skype. It alister.gray :) I'm going to be busy until Tuesday but we can discuss the terms etc.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      my br is currently sitting at $108.70 on stars. Id love to partake in said challenge, but I doubt ive got the time to grind. :(
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Originally posted by DecMate
      Originally posted by asmirovic
      Did you just not read his post at all? o.O

& Gl with you're challenge :)

Yeah I read it,but just overlooked this part of sentence : So I am looking to enter into a Bankroll building challenge- with one or more people who have BRs around the same as mine.

Funny when I look at it now.

Anyway, good luck guys, maybe we will enter in some higher challenges together pretty soon .
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      you can count me in I guess, if we make blog together and make some fixed bets not like 10% of difference imo.
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      Hi. I just started uni so I've been away from poker for like 3 days- only like 500 hands in that time- seems so ridonk (factor in 5hs sleep in 4 days- grim).

Hopefully we can get the challenge of the ground ASAP- I think Huseens fixed bet idea might be better than the 10% one. So if we do that, maybe we can get the participants and start/end date sorted pretty soon.
    • xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      Yea I would be interested bankroll of $130 nl 5 full ring message me for skype
      would love a challenge just puts in the more motivation into playing more and studying
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      I'm in the same situation Hopey except I started 2 weeks ago. I've only managed about a thousand hands because I've had so much stuff to do. I still up for taking the challenge though.
      Here's some thoughts

We all start from $125 - enough to play NL5 and so we are all starting at the same point.

Does everyone use a tracker/HUD?

How much is the bet going to be? Are we all going to take the challenge and the winner gets paid by all or get paid out by place - e.g. 4 of us, highest bank roll gets 3 bets, 2nd place gets bet back.
    • xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alister15

We all start from $125 - enough to play NL5 and so we are all starting at the same point.

Does everyone use a tracker/HUD?

How much is the bet going to be? Are we all going to take the challenge and the winner gets paid by all or get paid out by place - e.g. 4 of us, highest bank roll gets 3 bets, 2nd place gets bet back.
      Yea this sounds good I use holdem manager, perhaps we should go with 3 bets first and 2nd money back for some insurance :P
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      im not gonna take part, but what I would say is, to prevent squabbling there should be a minimum difference between 2nd and 3rd of 3-5 BI's so you avoid conflicts. if not, the challenge continue to decide on 2nd and 3rd. just play another 1-2k hands, and then recount.