This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The percentages don't stack up

• Donmecon
      Donmecon
      Bronze
      In the past week I have lost everyday and as a person that never goes on tilt this has pushed me to the limit. I always make notes of the hands I play, and the way I play them to see if I could of done anything different. Barring about five hands I have played them as they should be.

It has been just one constant stream of Bad Beats.... 98% of the time I got all my chips in with the best hand whether it be a cash or tournament game and almost everytime I have received Bad Beats, in some cases wicked Bad Beats. ( Runner Runner ) I lost with Aces 3 times on the trot AA v AK off suit..... AA v KK.....and AA v AQ suited.....

Surely luck is supposed to even itself out, but take it from me I have far more than my fair share of bad luck over the past two years. All this has culminated in me making only a small profit over that period.

I believe after studying and playing hours upon hours for two years I have enough knowledge and instinct to make a living at it but I don't think I ever will as I just don't have much luck.

We all need some luck in life and I have had my share but not in Poker.

Question is : Do you consider yourself lucky at Poker or are you like me unlucky.
  • 2 replies
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by Donmecon
      In the past week I have lost everyday and as a person that never goes on tilt this has pushed me to the limit.

I believe after studying and playing hours upon hours for two years I have enough knowledge and instinct to make a living at it but I don't think I ever will as I just don't have much luck..
      well i believe that in that period of time u should have understood few things about variance and u obv. havent
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      sample size?