This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

mtt bad beat

• TeflonDon88
      TeflonDon88
      Bronze
      Only 70 players entered this mtt and 20 places guranteed i was in 2nd position and heres the hand that effictively wiped me out of the tourni

Im on BB with 9 :heart: A :club:

UTG Calls
      Button Calls
      SB Calls

FLOP 9 :club: J :club: 4 :club:

UTG Raises 1 BB
      Button Folds
      SB Folds
      I Call

Turn 8 :club: :f_biggrin:

I Check
      UTG Raises 2BB
      I Call

River A :spade:

I Check
      UTG Pushes All In
      I Call OBVIOUSLY

SHOWDOWN

ME :club: FLUSH TO A
      UTG :club: STRAIGHT FLUSH TO JACK :f_o: (Her hand being 10 :club: 7 :club:)

;( ;( ;( ;(
  • 10 replies
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      You had to call but what hand did you expect her to have??

Only a maniac will go all in with 4 clubs on the board knowing that the A could well be out there!!

And with a 1BB raise she didn' t appear to be a maniac (even though in retrospect she had flopped a flush)!
    • TheKingOfCasablanca
      TheKingOfCasablanca
      Bronze
      I wouldnt call it a bad beat, I would call it a nice hand.
      it was cheap for 710s preflop, and then X flopped the flush, so they had you on the flop. but u had outs , if any :club: comes but no 8 :club: .
      I like the way they played it. NICE HAND....
    • TeflonDon88
      TeflonDon88
      Bronze
      i expected her to have the king tbh, i didnt expect her to have gut shot str flush on the flop and the 2bb raise kinda suckered me in. thought she was testing the water a bit. your right casablanca it was a nice hand but i still class it as a bad beat :P
    • Tiltberger
      Tiltberger
      Bronze
      i think you can't fold there...
      Villains tend to make stupid moves on these kind of boards very often... with worse flash-hands like qx or kx
      nh
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      easiest fold in the world
    • xmarukox
      xmarukox
      Bronze
      oh!!!

straight royal flush...=.=''
      Really unexpected....
    • TeflonDon88
      TeflonDon88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xmarukox
      oh!!!

straight royal flush...=.=''
      Really unexpected....
      str royal flush? where did that come from?
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      The 10-7 call pre-flop was questionable on her behalf, but after that it couldnt have gone any other way, regardless of which two :club: s she held.

In most spots, you would be up against any random :club: , e.g. dog on flop and favorite on turn. Also, unless the two of you have a long history, she would probably shove on turn with any :club: above J without a str8 flush.
      If anything, I would say you have to push on turn, to protect from full house draws.I assume that raise 1-2bb are not actually the ones that took place...
    • TeflonDon88
      TeflonDon88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dubadal
      The 10-7 call pre-flop was questionable on her behalf, but after that it couldnt have gone any other way, regardless of which two :club: s she held.

In most spots, you would be up against any random :club: , e.g. dog on flop and favorite on turn. Also, unless the two of you have a long history, she would probably shove on turn with any :club: above J without a str8 flush.
      If anything, I would say you have to push on turn, to protect from full house draws.I assume that raise 1-2bb are not actually the ones that took place...
      ok so i push on turn she calls i still lose......

and 'i assume that raise 1-2bb are not actually the ones that took place' i take it your calling me a liar.....
      :rolleyes:
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      thats a cold deck sir this is what happens when a unstoppable force meets a unmoveable object or so to think