mtt bad beat

• TeflonDon88
      TeflonDon88
      Bronze
      Only 70 players entered this mtt and 20 places guranteed i was in 2nd position and heres the hand that effictively wiped me out of the tourni

Im on BB with 9 :heart: A :club:

UTG Calls
      Button Calls
      SB Calls

FLOP 9 :club: J :club: 4 :club:

UTG Raises 1 BB
      Button Folds
      SB Folds
      I Call

Turn 8 :club: :f_biggrin:

I Check
      UTG Raises 2BB
      I Call

River A :spade:

I Check
      UTG Pushes All In
      I Call OBVIOUSLY

SHOWDOWN

ME :club: FLUSH TO A
      UTG :club: STRAIGHT FLUSH TO JACK :f_o: (Her hand being 10 :club: 7 :club:)

;( ;( ;( ;(
  • 10 replies
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      You had to call but what hand did you expect her to have??

Only a maniac will go all in with 4 clubs on the board knowing that the A could well be out there!!

And with a 1BB raise she didn' t appear to be a maniac (even though in retrospect she had flopped a flush)!
    • TheKingOfCasablanca
      TheKingOfCasablanca
      Bronze
      I wouldnt call it a bad beat, I would call it a nice hand.
      it was cheap for 710s preflop, and then X flopped the flush, so they had you on the flop. but u had outs , if any :club: comes but no 8 :club: .
      I like the way they played it. NICE HAND....
    • TeflonDon88
      TeflonDon88
      Bronze
      i expected her to have the king tbh, i didnt expect her to have gut shot str flush on the flop and the 2bb raise kinda suckered me in. thought she was testing the water a bit. your right casablanca it was a nice hand but i still class it as a bad beat :P
    • Tiltberger
      Tiltberger
      Bronze
      i think you can't fold there...
      Villains tend to make stupid moves on these kind of boards very often... with worse flash-hands like qx or kx
      nh
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Platinum
      easiest fold in the world
    • xmarukox
      xmarukox
      Bronze
      oh!!!

straight royal flush...=.=''
      Really unexpected....
    • TeflonDon88
      TeflonDon88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xmarukox
      oh!!!

straight royal flush...=.=''
      Really unexpected....
      str royal flush? where did that come from?
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      The 10-7 call pre-flop was questionable on her behalf, but after that it couldnt have gone any other way, regardless of which two :club: s she held.

In most spots, you would be up against any random :club: , e.g. dog on flop and favorite on turn. Also, unless the two of you have a long history, she would probably shove on turn with any :club: above J without a str8 flush.
      If anything, I would say you have to push on turn, to protect from full house draws.I assume that raise 1-2bb are not actually the ones that took place...
    • TeflonDon88
      TeflonDon88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dubadal
      The 10-7 call pre-flop was questionable on her behalf, but after that it couldnt have gone any other way, regardless of which two :club: s she held.

In most spots, you would be up against any random :club: , e.g. dog on flop and favorite on turn. Also, unless the two of you have a long history, she would probably shove on turn with any :club: above J without a str8 flush.
      If anything, I would say you have to push on turn, to protect from full house draws.I assume that raise 1-2bb are not actually the ones that took place...
      ok so i push on turn she calls i still lose......

and 'i assume that raise 1-2bb are not actually the ones that took place' i take it your calling me a liar.....
      :rolleyes:
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      thats a cold deck sir this is what happens when a unstoppable force meets a unmoveable object or so to think