$5 to $1,000. xStephen HU sng blog.

• xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Well hello there.

Just a rough introduction, I was a HU NL50/NL100 Texas and PLO player. I recently went bust cause I took shots at NL200 and NL400. Obviously since I'm writing this blog, I never used stop loss and moved back down. It all flew away, 4 tabling HU PLO in like 3 hours of massive tilt. Enough of that anyways.

Why I'm writing this. I want to try and finally play with BR management so I thought writing this blog might help control me. The whole purpose of this is more of a challenge to myself, to start with $5 and play $1 hu sngs. This blog could end pretty fast since I only have like 5BIs. Let's hope this goes well, thanks for reading,

Stephen.
  • 27 replies
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      Hope you suceeded. Want to see another micro hu sng grinder on this forum :) .
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Thank you sir. Am gonna play now.
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Just finished my first short session, I now have 9.40, so it went pretty well. Will play again later.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I wish you luck mate. I took a shot at those, but i realized that i'm not good enough in HU so i kept on playing FR. Hope you'll crush it.:)
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Thanks for the support mate, I'm a total FR fish. SH and HU more of my thing, like the action and getting into peoples heads. FR is just kinda, hand whoring if you get what you mean.(But I have ultimate respect for FR pros cause of their patience). Gonna watch JC Alvarado head up SNG vids now then play another session.

Good luck and run well everyone.
      Cheers.
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      1$ hu sngs on full tilt are so easily beatable if you can win those 70/30 hands. If you get a good streak going in could get interesting.
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Chessmaster, I do agree. They are extremely soft it's quite silly actually.(Don't mean to get cocky). Anyways, just played 14 more of them and I have $16 now. According to my HEM my roi on them is 42%. Obv this is a small sample but yeah. I'll post a graph when I have a sample of 50. :)
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Hmm, these can really get quite silly lol. I have people shoving 910s into my aks one the first hand and they flop the flush. Shoving qj into my aq on qxx board and the turn comes a j. But that's fine, used to it. Let's just hope I don't go bust to variance. :) $15 now. :)

PS. Also another annoying thing is some of they just ALWAYS bet the BB on the flop turn and river even if I raise them. And just totally donk around lol. Pretty annoying.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xStephen
      Thanks for the support mate, I'm a total FR fish. SH and HU more of my thing, like the action and getting into peoples heads. FR is just kinda, hand whoring if you get what you mean.(But I have ultimate respect for FR pros cause of their patience). Gonna watch JC Alvarado head up SNG vids now then play another session.

Cheers.
      How did the session go?

Actually thats the reason i play it.. i play pretty loose (according to Poke-redge.com i'm 25% loose), but most players here are like 9/6 nits... But if you keep on raising their blinds every hand, they loosen up and then you get all the action you want.:s_biggrin: And trust me, these players suck post flop, so i have no problem with them.:D

PS. Also another annoying thing is some of they just ALWAYS bet the BB on the flop turn and river even if I raise them. And just totally donk around lol. Pretty annoying.

My little advice for you, in case you dont know it already (or, well, at least its my experience, maybe people you played against are different): NEVER bluffraise them. They will never fold. The minbet is not weak, they just dont know how much they should bet or they just desperately want a call.
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Originally posted by xStephen

Cheers.
      How did the session go?

Actually thats the reason i play it.. i play pretty loose (according to Poke-redge.com i'm 25% loose), but most players here are like 9/6 nits... But if you keep on raising their blinds every hand, they loosen up and then you get all the action you want.:s_biggrin: And trust me, these players suck post flop, so i have no problem with them.:D

My little advice for you, in case you dont know it already (or, well, at least its my experience, maybe people you played against are different): NEVER bluffraise them. They will never fold. The minbet is not weak, they just dont know how much they should bet or they just desperately want a call.
      The session went well thanks, won abit. I'm doing pretty well, just need to control myself since I'm not used to playing these stakes, I play up to NL500 live, so yeah. Just really doing this to make sure I build my roll instead of just deposit money, I think it'll help me stop taking shots and learn to use my bankroll. About the donks who min bet, yeah I just float for really cheap or give up the hand, cause since these are sngs, I know they'll make a dumb mistake soon and give me all the chips. :s_love: Hehe.

Only problem I have to fix now is this, I 3 bet like 67s or j10s and they shove, I just want to call and gamble cause its "only" $1. But slowly teaching myself its, like 8% of my roll. :)

Thanks for all the support everyone, makes me want to continue this challenge.

EDIT: and yes, the micros are really bad post flop.
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Well I'm done for today. As promised, I'm done playing more than 50sngs, the last few didn't go well, lost a few 70-30's. For some reason they always hit their kicker or the 1 over. But oh well, it's fine. I have $14, so I'm still up $9 today, which is decent. :s_grin:
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      Your playing turbos or normal one? Because 50 in a few hours is some sick volume if your not multitabling.
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Turbos, 2 tabling. :)
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Wow. Just had an awful session. Played this guy about 5 times. He was opening to like 12xBB and stuff. So I just kept waiting for hands to shove. He always called with worst but kept hitting so yeah. $7.90 now. :f_frown:
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      Never play the same person if he puts you on tilt the first time. Just decline and wait for another fish.
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chessmaster1234
      Never play the same person if he puts you on tilt the first time. Just decline and wait for another fish.
      Yeah I kinda agree with that, thanks for the advice. For some reason, the hu sngs are gone on FT. :(
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Well FT has gotten the SNGs back so I'm gonna start another session. Lets hope I run better than this morning's session.
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      hey Stephen!
      Gl with your goal, and learn to control your tilt, cause husngs offers plenty of that.

Could you give more details bout your BRM rules?
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wuttehhell
      hey Stephen!
      Gl with your goal, and learn to control your tilt, cause husngs offers plenty of that.

Could you give more details bout your BRM rules?
      Hey man, I've started reading your blog, funny how we both found each other. For now, I want to hit $20, then I'll start 3 tabling, $30 I'll start 4 tabling then when I hit $50, I'll move to the $2 sngs. Dropped to 7.90 this morning, just finished about 20 NLHE and PLO ones and I have $13 now.

P.S About the tilt, I am more than aware about the swings in HU, but sometimes it gets too much. I have been 1 outter-ed a few times in nl100 hu plo on eurosites, but such is life I guess. Good luck sir.