UTG+1: $7.67
      MP: $3.42
      MP+1: $4.86
      CO: $4.00
      BTN: $1.90
      SB: $2.22

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has Q:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.48, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.02, 2 players) 4:spade: 2:diamond: T:club:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.66, MP+1 raises to $4.38, Hero calls $2.72

Turn: ($9.78, 2 players) J:heart:

River: ($9.78, 2 players) Q:club:

Hero shows Q:heart: Q:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Queens)
      MP+1 shows K:club: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings)
      Hero wins $9.13

Just doubled up from few hands before

Can you tell me how did I played this,and is check-raise on the flop OK....I won the hand but I really should't...
  • 2 replies
    • LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      MP1 is 3-betting the UTG (you) which seems very strong FR. I wouldn't have 4-bet (since his range is strong and you would only get action from better) so a call is ok.

I don't really understand what you're check/raise is for. Are you trying to get value from hands, worser than yours? (JJ/AT -> don't think AT is in his range, JJ neither) Or are you turning your overpair into a bluff?

check/raise / fold seems very weak to me, but I don't see any hand you will
      beat ;( .

So, I would have called the flop. And as played, fold against his shove.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Vinmunt90
      MP1 is 3-betting the UTG (you) which seems very strong FR. I wouldn't have 4-bet (since his range is strong and you would only get action from better) so a call is ok.

I don't really understand what you're check/raise is for. Are you trying to get value from hands, worser than yours? (JJ/AT -> don't think AT is in his range, JJ neither) Or are you turning your overpair into a bluff?

check/raise / fold seems very weak to me, but I don't see any hand you will
      beat ;( .

So, I would have called the flop. And as played, fold against his shove.
      I tend to agree, never check/raise/fold that.

The reason you call preflop is because you might be ahead of AK and he might sometimes have JJ (since it's FR really more often than not he won't 3bet it). So the only real hand you beat on the flop is AK, which still makes up enough combos to warrant you not folding to the c-bet. But if you check/raise, villain will just fold AK and you'll be left against QQ+ with maybe some JJ, after having put in enough money to be close to committed even if you're pretty sure you're toast when he shoves.

So just check/call and see what happens, check/folding the turn might be wise as people usually won't fire again with AK and he can't have much else that you beat.

Hope it helps.