QQ vs a raise @ micros

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I know that we should 3 bet shove as per the starting hands chart, but it seems that about 3/4 times I'm in this spot I'm only ever getting looked up by
      AA/KK and never anything that I'm beating.

Should we ever consider folding as we are likely to be crushed or racing against AK? Or do I have to put this down to variance and get on with it?

It just really annoys me that I build a stack early on, only for it to be smoked by a cooler 5 minutes later.
  • 7 replies
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      you r scaary cat

dont be result oriented =)

• santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      At $6.5+ I flat QQ against regs in the first levels.
      VS Unknowns or bad players, 3bet/broke
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You might find the times you run into KK or AA memorable, but if you look into your database, you should find many times when you did not run into the top of your opponent's range.

It can be ok to flat-call with QQ against some very nitty players raising from early position. However, you should routinely 3-bet with QQ and worse hands against late position raises from almost all players.

If your opponents are raising a reasonably wide range, and then only continuing after a 3-bet with AA, KK, or AK (2%) then you should be 3-betting as a bluff with much weaker hands, and 3-betting with QQ should be tremendously profitable. Flat-calling should be better than folding, but it will set up some bad situations. You will let hands like KJ and AT outlop you often when they might have folded to a 3-bet, and you might get bluffed off the best hand when you don't like the board.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Ok I take that back, just been looked up by all sorts of garbage in my last few sessions
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by muel294
      Ok I take that back, just been looked up by all sorts of garbage in my last few sessions
      On the micros you will soon find that fish rarely need a reason to hand over all their equity to you ("WOW! I have a J and a 5 preflop, and they're suited?! I better go all-in!"). Good times.
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91
      On the micros you will soon find that fish rarely need a reason to hand over all their equity to you ("WOW! I have a J and a 5 preflop, and they're suited?! I better go all-in!"). Good times.
      You forgot to mention "and he's bluffing"...
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Originally posted by santostr
      Originally posted by gedwashere91
      You forgot to mention "and he's bluffing"...
      LOLZ!