FLOP ($2.25) 9:spade: 4:diamond: 6:spade:

SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($6.25) 9:spade: 4:diamond: 6:spade: 4:heart:

SB bets $5, Hero calls $5

RIVER ($16.25) 9:spade: 4:diamond: 6:spade: 4:heart: 7:diamond:

SB bets $15, Hero folds

SB wins $15.46

Hey guys, first post.

Villain was playing like a maniac(64/18, 3.9AF) and dominating the table. Looking back at the hand I think I played it pretty horribly and probably should have just tried to get it in on the flop. How would you have played this hand?

Also if we assumed we were heads up against a regular in the same situation, would we play the hand differently? I often find myself in this spot with a draw and overcards and never know how to react when the villain donks/raises.

Thank you for your help.
  • 3 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hi!

Well you could reraise flop and go broke but you will be flipping here most of the time. You also have to think about his range, which probably has a lot of twopair hand combos and if you add sets I believe turning passive on a agrro fish like this is better, because you are not goof eq wise against those. Even folding a turn isn`t a huge mistake cuz paired bord could get you in trouble if you hit your draw on river.
      Against a regular I am definitely raising flop and taking it from there on(depends on aggression, nittyness etc).

Hope it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would raise flop to 6$
      and then b/c turn
      If he wants to get all-in on the flop then it is fine, since I´m ahead most of his draws and even against made hands I have 50% equity
      As played: i think also fine play is to shove turn or just call him down with AK high
      Although 7 is not the best river card so likely you can also fold
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Silver
      Thanks for the advice guys.
      I think I have a lot of room to improve the way I play draws, so I will try to read more sample hands and experiment with pokerstove. 

Thanks again!