UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      UTG+2 ($26.34)
      MP1 ($25)
      Hero ($25)
      CO ($9.73)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, UTG+2 calls $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($3.10) Q:heart: T:heart: 4:spade:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1.75, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $1.75

TURN ($6.60) Q:heart: T:heart: 4:spade: K:club:

UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $5, UTG+2 raises to $10, Hero raises to $22.50 (AI), UTG+2 calls $12.50

RIVER ($51.60) Q:heart: T:heart: 4:spade: K:club: 9:club:

Villain(71/13, 0.7AF) had been raising some hands preflop, but he generally seemed
      to be your typical calling station, playing check/call every street with pretty much anything.

I was obviously very happy about the turn card, but was not really sure how to interpret his bet. I figured since only AJ or a slowplayed set beats me and he could have a worse two pair/Kx that it was an easy push, but what do you think? Would a fold be possible here? If not, what if you were against a tight regular in the same spot? I find two pair really hard to play when faced with a lot of action, and am never sure if I should shove or just fold.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
  • 5 replies
    • TetraQuark

I dunno about pf. Call is questionable from mp, maybe sqz is better(although still, there are 4 opponents to act).
      Flop is good, maybe bet a little more to make it 2/3.
      Turn is tricky. When a passive cs shows agrression an ch/r you, your warning signs must go off. But because there are worse two pair hands and some heavy combo draws (which he could be playing more agro) push is also justifiable.
      You can call his minraise and reevaluate river(cuz u have pos), but it sucks when a river card like in this case falls and you`ve just put 1/2 of stack into the pot.

Hope it helps.
    • AninIII

ch/c, ch/minr oop is THE ultimate fish nuts line.
      I guess it is possible to fold against a passive player like him.
      Or you simply call in position and hope for your 4 outs.
      Villain has there AJ or J9 or 44 like nearly always.

What did he have?

I'd play pot (ca. 3$) on flop, check behind turn and fold river.
      Keep in mind, that he ch/c 4-way on flop!

Best regards,
    • mrxLT
      I agree with Gregor, call pf its questionable. Its 3b or fold for me in this particular spot.

Originally posted by AninIII
      I'd play pot (ca. 3$) on flop, check behind turn and fold river.
      Keep in mind, that he ch/c 4-way on flop!

Best regards,
      chb turn? I think its a b/f against fd's, whorse 2pairs and pair+draws.
      Yes he c/c'ed 4way but hes station, he likes to call :s_confused:
    • Hajler

Thank you both for the very good advice.

I agree that the call preflop might not have been that great. I had already isolated the fish several times in the last orbit and was a bit afraid to try a squeeze, but at the same time didn't really want to pass up the oportunity. Should I have just folded and waited for a better spot? 

He did indeed show up with AJ, so you totally nailed it on the head. I will definately keep in mind what you said about the check/minraise line the next time I find myself in a similar situation. On the turn I actually put him on a flush draw or just some random pair, and bet fairly large because I don't think he would fold any draw. If I were to check behind would I just fold to any A/J/9/heart and bet if the river blanks and he checks again? 

Thanks again.   
    • Kaitz20
      I think pf call ip is fine. you can also squeeze pf, but I think there is also value playing KQ postflop and then make decisions
      I think he is not really gonna c/c flop too often with set so basically you eiter are against straight and sometimes KT or maybe also KQ
      So even if you´re sometimes against straights I think you can´t fold your hand, since you´re making too big mistake if you b/f against KT or KQ