[NL2-NL10] NL5SH 3bet bluff

• mordath
      Known players:

0,03/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,18, Hero raises to $0,59, BB calls $0,54, BU folds.

Flop: ($1,36) 6:club: , A:club: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,80, BB calls $0,80.

Turn: ($2,96) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1,37, Hero raises to $4,35 (All-In), BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,70

3b mostly to fold all trash btn opens with a decent equity hand. Not sure why I cbet but seems fairly ok to fold out non-PP. Turn I just check to fold but the small betsize feels like a small feeler valueish bet and the board looks really good to bluffshove on villain won't call without Ax, set or flush. KK/QQ is pretty unlikely given the preflop so just thought it would work pretty often.

• 2 replies
    • LiquidCity
      So do you 3-bet for value or 3-bet as bluff?

Preflop I would 3-bet just a little bigger: 0,63$ (3,5x0,18).

C-bet looks ok.

I would c/f the turn though, you say villain won't call without Ax, set/flush, but what hands do you think he would call a 3-bet with and flat your c-bet? His halfpot bet doesn't seem very weak to me, and I think there are a lot of hands (88-JJ, Ax) which will call you. Seems kinda spewy to me.
    • Kaitz20
      To me it seems fine :)
      against 30/30 easy 3-bet for value and you don´t have to make it too big, rather to take pot down pf or play postflop with initiative
      Standard flop c-bet. you can also make it smaller to 0.7$ and I think c/rai is also fine
      Players would sometimes float that board and even with TT/JJ once he bets I think he isn´t going to b/c that often. Since you either has there mostly flush or AK/AQ