This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH 3bet bluff

• mordath
      mordath
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,74
      BB:
      $7,05
      BU:
      $5,10

0,03/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,18, Hero raises to $0,59, BB calls $0,54, BU folds.

Flop: ($1,36) 6:club: , A:club: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,80, BB calls $0,80.

Turn: ($2,96) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1,37, Hero raises to $4,35 (All-In), BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,70

3b mostly to fold all trash btn opens with a decent equity hand. Not sure why I cbet but seems fairly ok to fold out non-PP. Turn I just check to fold but the small betsize feels like a small feeler valueish bet and the board looks really good to bluffshove on villain won't call without Ax, set or flush. KK/QQ is pretty unlikely given the preflop so just thought it would work pretty often.

Thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      So do you 3-bet for value or 3-bet as bluff?

Preflop I would 3-bet just a little bigger: 0,63$ (3,5x0,18).

C-bet looks ok.

I would c/f the turn though, you say villain won't call without Ax, set/flush, but what hands do you think he would call a 3-bet with and flat your c-bet? His halfpot bet doesn't seem very weak to me, and I think there are a lot of hands (88-JJ, Ax) which will call you. Seems kinda spewy to me.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      To me it seems fine :)
      against 30/30 easy 3-bet for value and you don´t have to make it too big, rather to take pot down pf or play postflop with initiative
      Standard flop c-bet. you can also make it smaller to 0.7$ and I think c/rai is also fine
      Players would sometimes float that board and even with TT/JJ once he bets I think he isn´t going to b/c that often. Since you either has there mostly flush or AK/AQ