[NL2-NL10] NL25SH overpair against unknown

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $37.82
      BU:
      $20.03

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.00, BU calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.10) T:heart: , 9:heart: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.10, BU raises to $18.03 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $25.23

The minraise pf, all-in on flop seemed kinda fishy to me, normally I would call this but I had a very good session which I was just about to end so didn't feel like needing to risk it since villain just joined the table and didn't have any reads nor stats of him. What do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Sounds like you were "playing scared" and should have quit before posting the BB. Whenever you are allowing factors beyond the cards and your opponents to affect your playing then its time to sit-out. In this instance you were not wanting to jeoprodize your anticipated "happy feeling" of having played a good session.

What I mean is that you should have done what you normally do and called.

If villain was a thinking player then he might see your re-raise as an OP and fast-play a 9-x hand. He would also have a full-buyin though. Most fishy PF min-raisers/partial stackers would slow-play a 9 here. AA/KK is more likely if you are behind but at these games you are too often ahead to fold here. I think you know this anyway Degnic.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi degnic!

I think you should call here because he can also push with a flushdraw and any pocket pair. If he really has a monster he would just call or reraise small.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81