$50 to $1000

• PkrMillion
      PkrMillion
      Bronze
      Hey!

So this is my attempt to get my free $50 to $1000 in the shortest time possible.

I have been playing $1 SnG's (7 so far / NLH) and want to finish at 10 so then I will post results on that, but need some advice please...

1 - What is the best way/game(s) to play to get to my goal and clear my $50?

2 - What type of timeline can I be looking at to get to my goal?

3 - Any other advice?

Thanks and cant wait for your responses!

:spade:P krMillion :spade:

P.s. I'm playing on William Poker
  • 16 replies
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Study more play less. Improving your game is by far the most important thing in the micros.
      Post LOTS of hands in the Hand Evaluation forum, and read all the other hands in there. You will learn so much from that.
      Also, get skype and talk to other people playing the same limits as you, there's lots of people out there grinding it out, and studying with them can be really helpful.

I started where you are now in March this year, and my BR is now over $1k. You can do it too if you're willing to do the study and grind it out :)
    • PkrMillion
      PkrMillion
      Bronze
      After playing total of 10 $1 NLH SnG Double Up *10, here is my result so far;

Starting BR - $50

Wins - 5
      Lose - 5

BR - $48

(Lost 1 to a very big bad beat)

Notes so far (as if I really have accarute notes from just playing 10 times :rolleyes: ) ;

-Every game is avrg 50 hands long
      -Stick to the guides!!! (lost twice because I played hand that I shouldnt have)
      -They raise either very little or over the top

I have been using the basic SnG strategies found here and definately need to put a lot of study in the more advanced (Bronze guides so far)

Thank you for replying, gedwashere91! :P

I am definately going to follw your advice as you have already done what I still want to be able to.
      I started reading your blog, and will definately study that as well, so that I can see the path that you were on.
      THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D

QUESTIONS;

1 - Why am I not collecting points on William Hill poker playing the above game?

2 - Am I starting on the right path, or should I focus on cash, etc.?

All help appreciated!

C'ya! :spade:
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PkrMillion
      After playing total of 10 $1 NLH SnG Double Up *10, here is my result so far;

Starting BR - $50

Wins - 5
      Lose - 5

BR - $48

(Lost 1 to a very big bad beat)

I would advise against thinking in terms of single tournaments. It is very common to lose 10 SnGs in a row, variance is that severe in these games. You have to look at the trend over hundreds, even thousands, of games before you can see whether you're a winning player or not.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      if your not spending at least 40% of your time studying poker, your doing it wrong imo.
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      IMO, Cash games are easier to make then SNGs. Of course it has higher risks but tt's where more rewards will come as well. Good luck trying to hit 1k, a very good and achievable target. I am trying to juggle school and playing but through the holidays, I'm already halfway there. Hopefully we all make it there and start making even more! Cheers and hope to hear more!
    • PkrMillion
      PkrMillion
      Bronze
      Worked my BR up to $70, but............

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

went on tilt and now on $33.

Not sure what happened, but I think it was a mixture of trying too hard to force action and not getting any hands. Thats when I went crazy and played any hand (not following SSS).

I hate myself!!!

Calling it a day (was hard to log out!)

I WILL REACH MY GOAL! Mark my words!
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PkrMillion
      went on tilt and..
      Fix this.

Otherwise all poker study, reading articles, watching videos, hand evaluations, reviewing etc. is a complete waste of time.

EDIT: also, why would you tilt? your BR was $20 ahead of where you started, you can't complain there :P
    • PkrMillion
      PkrMillion
      Bronze
      So heres the deal... (PLEASE HELP)

Im now sitting on a third of my start-up BR and I follow strategy (SSS) to the last letter, but, I seem to lose money in the long rong slowly. Wtf?

I play 1c/2c after my initial losses due to trying too hard to gain Br and thus making stupid mistakes, but, thats long stopped.

Poke Elephant doesnt want to work for some reason and I have no software to see where I might be going wrong.

I study 50% and play 50%, but to no avail.

It seems that I just get sucked out by loose players alot.

Any ideas on where I might go wrong or help?

PLEASE!
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Go to the PS.com free coaching sessions. You'll learn pretty quickly if you're playing very different to the coaches.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      What type of timeline can I be looking at to get to my goal?

Hard to tell, depends on how much time you spend on poker but it's not something out of the ordinary nor you need to be a genius to get there.

Don't play on tilt (or even if you feel like you might not play as well as you can) learn a lot play a lot (try increasing the no of tables progressively) fix a minimum no of sng's to play/day or week and watch the bankroll at the end of the month. Took me a long way.
    • PkrMillion
      PkrMillion
      Bronze
      THREAD CLOSED!

BR dried up... No matter how much I study, Im not a winning player. Sucks!

Thanks for all the advice anyway!

Logging out,

PkrMillion, aka, PkrBROKE!
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      BR dried up... No matter how much I study, Im not a winning player.

That's kinda false. You probably didn't respect bankroll management. That's the number one cause of death around here.

It's rather simple. Learn learn learn play play play and results will follow. Don't expect them to come! But they will.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      BR dried up... No matter how much I study, Im not a winning player.

That's kinda false. You probably didn't respect bankroll management. That's the number one cause of death around here.
      +1
      It's either bad BRM, or trying to use sheer volume in lieu of studying the game. I guarantee you didn't do as much study as most of the winning players around here have done.

Poker is not an easy game. If it's only taken this to make you give up, then you're probably best off just leaving and never coming back to the game. Chances are you'll end up like I did after I busted my first small BR... you get bored, eventually come back to the game... maybe you'll become a winning player second time round, when you ACTUALLY put in enough study to become one.
    • PkrMillion
      PkrMillion
      Bronze
      Im back! Just received a 2nd $50 today! WooHoo! (Thanx PS!!!)

Im respecting BRM and everything else that goes with it from now on!

Please give your opinion on the following;

1. What strategy/game is the best to build BR on PartyPoker?
      2. How many hands should I plan on playing everyday?
      3. How do I use my hand history to make me a better player?

Thank you in advance!

PkrMillion
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      Play 1$ heads up sngs if your br is under 50$. Play 2$ hu sngs if your over 50. When you have around 250 go for 5$. If you get broke with these rules then your a hopeless case.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chessmaster1234
      Play 1$ heads up sngs if your br is under 50$. Play 2$ hu sngs if your over 50. When you have around 250 go for 5$. If you get broke with these rules then your a hopeless case.
      why comment if you don't know what games partypoker has?