[NL2-NL10] NL25SH topset to drawy board

• degnic
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , A:club:
      Hero raises to $1.00, CO calls $1.00, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) A:heart: , K:diamond: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($8.10) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO calls $3.00.

River: ($14.10) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, CO calls $4.00.

Final Pot: $22.10

Villain was the weirdest Canadian fish ever. He _never_ raised preflop nor postflop, never bet on any street but called down many big pots with trash. I didn't really know what to do on turn and river because he could easily had the flush or straight or he could have something like 62o as easily. I ended up making these little valuebets (I could've protected against 4th heart on turn I guess but wouldn't have made a difference whether I bet 2$ or 20$ there - he would've called anyway.) which I could affort to lose to a flush or straight and be happy about the value I got from him if he had any other hand. Anything I should've done different here?

btw. He had the nutflush here :rolleyes:
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      With your reads I think that you lose value by not betting more on each street. When you get a strong hand versus these kind of opponents you just have to go with it. You are still way ahead of this guy's range on the river. The only time you might want to deviate from this strategy is if villain is in danger of quitting if he wins a big pot.
    • Puschkin81
      Hi degnic!

Your opponent is a classic calling station. Bet big (pot size) to get the maximum value. At least on the turn because even if he has the flush (which I would doubt because he can also call with any trash hand) you still have outs. On the river a half potsize bet should be fine.

Good luck at the tables!