$5.05
      BU:
      $5.07
      SB:
      $8.63
      BB:
      $12.21

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 6.
      Hero raises to $0.15, BU calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 7, 7, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BU calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.87) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.58, BU calls $0.58.

River: ($2.03) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.16, BU raises to $4.09(All-In), Hero calls $2.91.

Final Pot: $10.19.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, sevens(7h 6h).
      BU shows a full-house, fours full of sevens(4s 4h).

BU wins with a full-house, fours full of sevens(4s 4h).
  • 5 replies
    • LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      Preflop 0.20$
      Flop c-bet is ok. Turnbet also. I would have bet larger on the river and also called his shove (but I'm a station :P )
    • Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Bronze
      if u would play NL5 SH at start u got that none raise to 4bb its onl 3bb maybe some tight reg to 3.5. 4bb i rase there only from UTG! dont see rly big mistake there cose there is so much fishes and if I miss postflop I usuly must give up cose they dont give up even a mid pair so I better keep pot 2bb smoler and are able to do smaler CB so if I get raised I can fold and save some money! Atlast this is my opinion! :f_cool:
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      it's ok to raise 3 bb from CU.
      Against TAG or passive I'm folding because they rarely raise AQ,KQ tp type hand on paired board on the river,from overpair I can expect raise earlier.No obvious draws are present. I can call suspicious patients who are ecstatic when they get tp or slowplaying AA a lot.On that board trips is more like bluff catcher.
      GL
      :f_confused:
    • LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      I've been learned to open 4bb from the CU, since on these limits, people will call as much 3bb as 4bb-bets. I'm only opening 3bb from the BU.
      I think you can do both, but imo you will get more value from you valuehands that way these limits.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just go with what you're comfortable with preflop, we usually advise starting at a 4bb standard because it helps you push your edge in bigger pots against a player pool composed of bad players really.

I'd bet bigger on the turn because I don't think he'll call again with unpaired cards anyway and I can't see him folding a pair, so I don't think the size matters all that much, which means we should err on the bigger side for value.

I like your river bet, the Q is scary to the hands he very likely has in that spot, mostly pocket pairs lower than QQ. If you think he wouldn't fold stuff like 88 even if you bet bigger, than go ahead.

It's fine to call it off on the river, villain is unknown you don't know for sure what he'd do with stuff like KK+, sometimes he can have worse trips as well even tho there aren't that many of those. It's not a big mistake either way since you don't know anything about him and you have trips.

Hope it helps.