First hand of the match

• VIIIemezzo
      VIIIemezzo
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.09 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Hero (SB) (t1500)
      BB (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:club: , Q:heart:
      Hero bets t60, BB calls t40

Flop: (t120) 9:heart: , Q:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets t60, BB calls t60

Turn: (t240) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets t200, Hero raises to t400, BB calls t200

River: (t1040) 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets t980 (All-In), Hero calls t980 (All-In)

Total pot: t3000

Turn donk bet seemed to me as an attempt to make me fold with a semi-bluff (flush draw), so i chose to push and protect a hand. As no additional diamonds rivered, decided to call.
  • 4 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      When you min raise the turn you're hardly protecting you're hand as you're still giving a FD odds to call.
      I prefer a flat on the turn, when you raise you're polarising yourself against a stronger range, i mean what do you think he's going to call you're raise with? Most Qx are going to fold which you wan't value from. After he shoves river i'm folding without reads. He called a turn raise then shoved river, it looks hella strong unless you're playing a 1$ HU SnG in which case it woulden't be a too terrible call.
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      If your going to call a river shove just get it in on the turn and take away the bluff or just call turn fold river.
    • pstrider
      pstrider
      Bronze
      given that it's a 2 dollar match, you can really do nothing here but shove.
    • pstrider
      pstrider
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pstrider
      given that it's a 2 dollar match, you can really do nothing here but shove.
      Now it doesn't seem as obvious as when I first saw that hand. at 20s + I would fold because ch/c ch/mr flop usually means super strong range that we're far behind. At 2s I think I'd still shove but wouldn't feel happy about it.