BB: $3.70
      UTG: $2.14
      UTG+1: $10.12
      MP: $3.32
      MP+1: $7.68
      CO: $4.23

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 9:diamond: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.14, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.12, fold

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) 3:club: J:spade: 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $0.21, Hero calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.74, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero checks, MP+1 checks

River: ($0.74, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero bets $0.55, fold

Hero shows 9:diamond: 9:club: (One Pair, Nines)
      Hero wins $0.70
  • 2 replies
    • LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      Preflop good.
      I think it's too weak to fold and overplayed to raise, which means a call is ok.
      Turn std.
      I don't really know what to do on the river. I assume you're betting for value (since you 1. bet for value or 2. bet as bluff). I don't really see much hands that will call your riverbet which won't beat you, so a check/call seems better to me.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Vinmunt90
      Preflop good.
      I think it's too weak to fold and overplayed to raise, which means a call is ok.
      Turn std.
      I don't really know what to do on the river. I assume you're betting for value (since you 1. bet for value or 2. bet as bluff). I don't really see much hands that will call your riverbet which won't beat you, so a check/call seems better to me.
      I definitely don't like the bet on the river, it won't bluff out anything you beat and it's way too thin for value with two overcards out there.

I don't like check/calling either unless you opponent is really weak, like a level 1 guy thinking along the lines of "I c-bet he called, I give up. Wait he checked again on the river, so he must not have much after all, let's bet again". More often than not you'll either see a J for the classic "Damn K overcard on the turn I check. Hey he checked the river again, he probably doesn't have a K so I'll valuebet my J twice after all" or Kx for the inexplicable "Haha I made top pair on the turn, I'll check it back so that it doesn't look like I have it".

Hope it helps.