This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

When do I have/have not 4 of a kind?

• 7 replies
    • SallaMC
      SallaMC
      Bronze
      You need to use 2 of your wholecards and 3 from the board at any time.
      so if you halo A*** or AA** in your hand and quad aces are possible then you have quad aces. If you hold AAA* or AAAA in your holecards, you can only use 2 of them and quads are impossible.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm no expert on Omaha but from my limited understanding of the game you have to use 2 of your hole cards and 3 of the community cards to make your 5 card hand.

Therefore in your first example your hand would be AAAAK - quad As with K kicker.

In your second example your hand would be AAAAJ - quad As with J kicker.

In both cases you would naturally get it all in only to lose to a str8 flush but thats poker!

Hope this helps.
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      Yes you have to use exactly 2 of your hole cards. I am afraid I thought those examples as if they were in Holdem game were higher kicker on the board matters. My question is: Is it possible to not have 4 of a kind if I hold one card and the board has trips?
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      no, it's not possible. And the kicker doesn't matter, cause none of your opps will have same quads
    • AngryJack7
      AngryJack7
      Bronze
      I give you one and ONLY way to make quads in Omaha hi which I play :D
      My latest one(too bad i didnt get paid off)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AngryJack7
      I give you one and ONLY way to make quads in Omaha hi which I play :D
      Read the rules first.

A987 on AAA flop is quads too
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hopefully realising that there are two ways to make quads doesn't make you any angrier, Jack. :f_p: