Who holds the world record !

• Donmecon
      Donmecon
      Bronze
      I wonder if anyone can lay claim to a world record when it comes to bad beats.

I keep a record of my all ins pre-flop and on the last 16 occasions I have gone in pre-flop with the best hand. Firstly that takes some doing and is probably close to a record in itself. The 16 hands have included AA on 4 occasions but all 16 hands have taken bad beats.

Now we all get bad luck but this is bordering on the ridiculous. To say I have felt like packing up poker is an understatement.

Has anyone else had such bad luck ?

Please someone make me feel better !
  • 6 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      "If you always get it all in with the best hand - you are playing too tight"

so says Chris "Jesus" Ferguson and I am not about to argue with him!
    • jokerstar77mucker
      jokerstar77mucker
      Bronze
      Hi i think alot of players at the start feel they are taking alot more bad beats then they should, But in saying alot of players dont take account that when you go all in preflop you increase the chances of a "bad beat" the broad is there for reason so we gather info about the hand!

My advice would be stop getting your money in the middle so early
      aces and kings are the only hands that you should be getting it in preflop unless you have other factors to consider like low on blinds in a tourney
      or you have serious read on the other player.

Alot of the pretty hands like AKs, AQs etc, have no real value unless they hit the flop. They maybe the best hand coming but theres another five cards to come and unless they improve they are only a high card!

I hope this helps you and also do some reading on varience if you are getting your money in good and taking bad beats now things will even out in the long run!
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Ppl vastly overestmiate how many bad beats they have simply because they believe a bad beat is any hand that is better than the opponents in PF and gets beaten at SD. Taking this into account I can honestly say that with all the tens of thousands of hands I've played, I've not had many bad beats.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      this is a bad beat. he has 4% equity on flop

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $20(BB) Replayer
      ($1,790)
      Hero ($1,210)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:spade:

Hero raises to $60, raises to $200, Hero raises to $540, raises to $1,280, Hero calls $670 (AI)

FLOP ($2,420) 3:heart: T:spade: 7:diamond:

TURN ($2,420) 3:heart: T:spade: 7:diamond: 9:club:

RIVER ($2,420) 3:heart: T:spade: 7:diamond: 9:club: J:club:

Hero shows A:diamond: A:spade:
      (Pre 88%, Flop 96.1%, Turn 90.9%)

shows Q:diamond: K:spade:
      (Pre 12%, Flop 3.9%, Turn 9.1%)

wins $2,420
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      The above is pretty brutal. Bad beats happen. You have got it in ahead 16x in a row. Wish I was doing that. Say you are getting it in with top pair v a flush draw every single time you'd expect to lose 6/16 roughly. You have lost all 16- so think of the balancing that has to occur over time now. It's a streaky game.

I'm sure when it finally rains it will pour.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hopey
      The above is pretty brutal. Bad beats happen. You have got it in ahead 16x in a row. Wish I was doing that. Say you are getting it in with top pair v a flush draw every single time you'd expect to lose 6/16 roughly. You have lost all 16- so think of the balancing that has to occur over time now. It's a streaky game.

I'm sure when it finally rains it will pour.
      Too bad poker doesn't work that way since variance has no memory :D

Although when you look at most pokergraphs you'd believe it did :f_p: