[NL2-NL10] NL5SH donkshoved on with monster draw

• 5 replies
    • LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      Strange move by villain, It's hard too give him a range. You need about 46% equity to win this hand. Against a set you have 33%, TJ 43%, 2 pair 42%. Against hands like AA, AK, AQ you will have around 46%, only against hands less than those you'll have enough equity.

Probably folding is the best option..
    • mordath
      mordath
      Bronze
      Okay. I ended up calling though is that a big mistake?

What kind of hand can I call with here in this spot. Only JT/sets/KQ?
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Strange move by villain, It's hard too give him a range. You need about 46% equity to win this hand. Against a set you have 33%, TJ 43%, 2 pair 42%. Against hands like AA, AK, AQ you will have around 46%, only against hands less than those you'll have enough equity.

right thinking but wrong answer imho.
      look at his stats 72/26/3.5,those can do that with pretty wide range.You have nut fd+ gutshot and maybe blocker J for JT. So 12 outs, pot odds 1.2:1 for both streets (45%) when you have 1.16:1 actual odds.I think it's closer to call then fold. And even A outs can be ok sometimes.COOLER him :f_mad:
      GL
      :f_confused:
    • LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      You're right, missed that 72/36!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Frankly I'd even say our A outs and possibly J outs are live something since I wouldn't put it past him to do that with totally random stuff like 98 with a club or QT or something.

Plus this guy is just a time-bomb waiting to explode, if we don't collect his money somebody else will soon. So I'd rather take the flip in that spot to try and be the one getting the easy money. If we double him up no big deal, we'll still have position on him until he decides to spew off again.

Hope it helps.